Too young for this

Jay T

Hey everyone,

Well, here's my brief story: I'm only 20 and finishing my sophomore year in college. I started to lose hair when I was 18-yeah, I know, it sucks. Anyway, I've been on propecia since, and it appears to have slowed down my loss. I still lose some hair, like in the shower and such, but only a few at a time-no clumps. I've classified myself as about a 5 on the norwood scale. I've been looking into the transplant prodecure alot lately, and the results look good. My hair loss is noticeable and I'd like some advice from here on. When would be a good time for a transplant? Am I too young? The top of my head looks about 10 years too old for me, at least. I still have hair, which is very dark brown, and the hair on the sides and back is still very thick. Anyone with experience PLEASE reply. I am going to get a consultation with a transplant doctor (i'm in ohio). But I'd like your opinions first. I'm about to start that new FNS treatment by Osmotics, so I'll give updates on that. Thanks all for your time! I'm just too young for this!! :-(

Hey everyone,

Well, here's my brief story: I'm only 20 and finishing my sophomore year in college. I started to lose hair when I was 18-yeah, I know, it sucks. Anyway, I've been on propecia since, and it appears to have slowed down my loss. I still lose some hair, like in the shower and such, but only a few at a time-no clumps. I've classified myself as about a 5 on the norwood scale. I've been looking into the transplant prodecure alot lately, and the results look good. My hair loss is noticeable and I'd like some advice from here on. When would be a good time for a transplant? Am I too young? The top of my head looks about 10 years too old for me, at least. I still have hair, which is very dark brown, and the hair on the sides and back is still very thick. Anyone with experience PLEASE reply. I am going to get a consultation with a transplant doctor (i'm in ohio). But I'd like your opinions first. I'm about to start that new FNS treatment by Osmotics, so I'll give updates on that. Thanks all for your time! I'm just too young for this!! :-(