Lots HT questions and what happens at 2, 3, or more years?

Some of the post-op and early pictures shown from forum members are truly remarkable but is getting a HT a slipperly slope? In reading over the forum for the last month, there are lots of pictures from members for the first 6-18months after surgery however what happens a few year later? Ultimately it would seem that a bald space will develop between the HT and remaining hair, so how does this not committ one to a life a multiple procedures?

Also, what about temple recession? From most of the pictures shown on the forum, there seems to be a great focus on restoring hair on top, which is great, but what happens when you end up with a temporal recession out of proportion to the new hairline? There doesn't seem to be a great deal of discussion about creating new "temple" hairlines yet this difference is one of the obvious signs of a HT.

Lastly, is there such a thing as a normal range of hair density? I don't have a large area in front that needs coverage however I would hope the density of the transplant can be similar to the adjacent hair so that there is no transition. On that note, what sort of hair density can be accomplished with a HT?

I hope these questions are not taken as inflammatory, like everyone here I'm just doing homework before considering my options.

Some of the post-op and early pictures shown from forum members are truly remarkable but is getting a HT a slipperly slope? In reading over the forum for the last month, there are lots of pictures from members for the first 6-18months after surgery however what happens a few year later? Ultimately it would seem that a bald space will develop between the HT and remaining hair, so how does this not committ one to a life a multiple procedures?

Also, what about temple recession? From most of the pictures shown on the forum, there seems to be a great focus on restoring hair on top, which is great, but what happens when you end up with a temporal recession out of proportion to the new hairline? There doesn't seem to be a great deal of discussion about creating new "temple" hairlines yet this difference is one of the obvious signs of a HT.

Lastly, is there such a thing as a normal range of hair density? I don't have a large area in front that needs coverage however I would hope the density of the transplant can be similar to the adjacent hair so that there is no transition. On that note, what sort of hair density can be accomplished with a HT?

I hope these questions are not taken as inflammatory, like everyone here I'm just doing homework before considering my options.

Hi Quench

You ask good questions so I will take the 1st shot at answering.

1 - It is essential in my opinion to stabilize hairloss prior to transplant or to be sure that your future loss will be accounted for. If not , you may run into the problem you mentioned aka losing hair between the grafts..

For me, I use propecia and it has stopped my loss.

2- Hairline work IS a big discussion on here so maybe do a search.. A Natural hairline is an essential point for many patients as myself.. The top docs on here can produce this thus making it virtually undetectable.

3- Today's docs can produce some good density regarding HT's. Also, keep in mind that docs work at creating an illusion of density. They say if you replace half or your original density it basically looks the same

Hope this helps and other will chime in

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Temple recession:

If you mean to comment that the temples are often left too receded, it's usually because of the need to conserve grafts and keep the patient looking natural.

If a guy has hair in front but a thinning crown in back, the temples become very important as to whether or not it looks natural. If the temples are too filled-in, then the crown loss won't look normal in comparison.

There are always a few exceptions to everything, but you generally won't ever see a NW#1 hairline with a bald crown. Even the NW#2s with a shiny crown aren't common. The temple areas are usually close to NW#3 territory by the time the crown gets visibly thinned.

------------------------------------------------