Some input would be helpful...

Had about 1800 fue's to hairline and temples about 3 months ago with a coalition surgeon. As of now, the right side is sprouting in at a much faster and fuller rate than my left side, which is sprouting at a much slower and sparser rate. I also noticed that when I first had the procedure the right side seemed thicker and fuller than the left and it also took the right side much longer to shed than the left. The left side seemed to shed almost right away. Does anyone think that there's a connection in the pre and post growth rates, or how about the capabilities of the techs doing the work on each side of my head? On the other hand, the temple hairs seemed to hang on forever the first few weeks, but I hardly see any growth now, although I know it's still fairly early.

Had about 1800 fue's to hairline and temples about 3 months ago with a coalition surgeon. As of now, the right side is sprouting in at a much faster and fuller rate than my left side, which is sprouting at a much slower and sparser rate. I also noticed that when I first had the procedure the right side seemed thicker and fuller than the left and it also took the right side much longer to shed than the left. The left side seemed to shed almost right away. Does anyone think that there's a connection in the pre and post growth rates, or how about the capabilities of the techs doing the work on each side of my head? On the other hand, the temple hairs seemed to hang on forever the first few weeks, but I hardly see any growth now, although I know it's still fairly early.

One tech works one side, the other tech works the other side, in most cases they have a different touch and slightly different habits but since you went to a coalition Dr. you'll be fine, they screen their staff very carefully. The new FU in my temples also seem to hang on for some reason, keep in mind that in spite of appearances our bodies are not symmetrical and we react differently from the right or the left. In my case I feel fuller on my left side this time around, nothing to worry, as the growth comes in they will even out but there will be small differences. If you still notice a sizable difference at 12 months discuss it with your Dr. Happy growing.

Bananas

HK500 is right to point out that what you are seeing may be due to technician placing, but there are also other factors that may have influenced the phenomena you are seeing.

If you notice everyone seems to bald asymmetrically. I am not sure why this happens but obviously one side of the head is acting different then the other. It may be the side of the head you sleep on, it may just be genetic factors. So, hearing that your shedding is not symmetrical would not worry me. Now you are going into the hardest part of a Hair Transplant. Waiting for the hair to grow back. Like HK500 suggested, wait to see what it looks like when it grows out. At 6 months you will have a good idea of what the results are going to look like, but it takes a year for the final results.

Dr. Paul

Thanks for the input HK500 and Dr. Paul,

My Dr., who seems like an A-1 guy, told me during the procedure that he did make the sides asymmmetrical being that most people's hairlines do differ from side to side. However, I didn't think that applied to the density, too. Again, thanks for the input.