Shaved Donor Area?

Ive heard of doctors shaving the donor area!?

First is this true and what doctors in the tri-boro area do this as I am planning on soon getting a HT and couldnt see myself having to also deal with that cover up, wow!

Hope for some quick input. Thanks guys!

Ive heard of doctors shaving the donor area!?

First is this true and what doctors in the tri-boro area do this as I am planning on soon getting a HT and couldnt see myself having to also deal with that cover up, wow!

Hope for some quick input. Thanks guys!

well, all of them have to shave the donor area, but if you get strip and have the back of your hair at least an inch..then it can be concealed, at least that's what i did. If you go for fue..then they have to shave and i dont think it can be covered..from the pictures of fue i've seen it looks like a big shaved square..but i could be mistaken on that..Hope that helps.

Originally posted by pokerbrat:

well, all of them have to shave the donor area, but if you get strip and have the back of your hair at least an inch..then it can be concealed, at least that's what i did. If you go for fue..then they have to shave and i dont think it can be covered..from the pictures of fue i've seen it looks like a big shaved square..but i could be mistaken on that..Hope that helps.

Thanks PokerBrat, it did. I should of clarified a bit, of course they always have to shave. I meant in which you answered was when do they leave it with a shaved look which is due to fue.