paranoid after first week

Hi,

I had about 1800 grafts done last Monday on my hairline, temples, and eyebrows and I'm totally paranoid that I'm damaging the implants somehow. First of all, I'm not used to wearing a baseball cap; therefore I've seemed to have bumped my head on the visor of the cap at least once a day since day one. There hasn't been any blood, but my head seems to be sore. Secondly, I accidentally woke up in the middle of the night around day three and scratched my head forgetting about the implants. Again, no cuts or bleeding, just soreness. And thirdly, while shampooing after day one, I laid back and soaked my head for a few minutes because it felt so good, then I read in the instructions not to do this until day 8. Am I being overly paranoid? I just want the best results possible. By the way, I'm still having a hard time sleeping at night due to the donar stitches, but I did resume light exercises at day 5 per instructions of the Dr. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Hi,

I had about 1800 grafts done last Monday on my hairline, temples, and eyebrows and I'm totally paranoid that I'm damaging the implants somehow. First of all, I'm not used to wearing a baseball cap; therefore I've seemed to have bumped my head on the visor of the cap at least once a day since day one. There hasn't been any blood, but my head seems to be sore. Secondly, I accidentally woke up in the middle of the night around day three and scratched my head forgetting about the implants. Again, no cuts or bleeding, just soreness. And thirdly, while shampooing after day one, I laid back and soaked my head for a few minutes because it felt so good, then I read in the instructions not to do this until day 8. Am I being overly paranoid? I just want the best results possible. By the way, I'm still having a hard time sleeping at night due to the donar stitches, but I did resume light exercises at day 5 per instructions of the Dr. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

The sutures made it hard for me to sleep as well. The day they came out (14 days after surgery) it felt so great to be able to sleep normally again. icon_smile.gif

Oh I was paranoid for sure but I guess I was very lucky. I babied my head and grafts like they were gold. I never scratched or banged my head at all.

I have read of other people scratching and banging their head and they were fine. You might consider asking your doctor.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

It was a little early on to soak your head...did u soak the recipient area or just the donor?

The banging and scratching can't be a good thing, but after 4 hours the grafts are in very well and can only be pulled out with force. A couple of bumps and scratching should be fine.

Good luck

T