This question is for the hair mentors or someone who had HT

pete68

Hello, aug 16th I had surgery, , so Its been 2 weeks now. I was curious as to the next steps that Happen in the hair Growing process. Quick questions, when do the hairs fall out? and then DOES THE TRANSPLANTED HAIR area look like it has LITTLE HOLES IN THERE or does the scalp go back to normal?? and then when the hair grows in 3 to 4 months does it fall out again, and then grow for good??? I hope someone cN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR ME, I would greatly appreciate that..

Hello, aug 16th I had surgery, , so Its been 2 weeks now. I was curious as to the next steps that Happen in the hair Growing process. Quick questions, when do the hairs fall out? and then DOES THE TRANSPLANTED HAIR area look like it has LITTLE HOLES IN THERE or does the scalp go back to normal?? and then when the hair grows in 3 to 4 months does it fall out again, and then grow for good??? I hope someone cN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR ME, I would greatly appreciate that..

-- Newly implanted hairs will fall out within 4-6 weeks. Though in a very small number of patients (2% or so) the implanted hair doesn't fall off, but you cannot count on being in that range.

Some non-transplanted hair will fall out as well because of the 'shock loss' (tellogen effluvium). If the falling hair is not too much miniaturized, it will eventually grow back within months.

-- The scalp apperance depends a lot on your skin color. It's not unusual to have a reddish tone there. My skin remained a little coarse almost till 4 weeks after.

-- When the transplanted hair grows out - it will again fall since *every* hair falls following a grow-rest-fall cycle. But transplanted hair is insured to grow back again. It will never be miniaturized and be lost with most people.