DUPA general concern

hi guys,

i been researching DUPA for the last few weeks and noted one thing that may sound awkward but i thought it would be best to ask for knowledge.

i have noted that in images that show the process of DUPA i.e. on doc bersteins website and other images, how come they always show the right side of the head i.e. the sides and back. is this where DUPA starts from and then spreads or is this a co incidence?

i know my query may come as a surprise but i thought i just ask anyhow.

thanks

az!

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

hi guys,

i been researching DUPA for the last few weeks and noted one thing that may sound awkward but i thought it would be best to ask for knowledge.

i have noted that in images that show the process of DUPA i.e. on doc bersteins website and other images, how come they always show the right side of the head i.e. the sides and back. is this where DUPA starts from and then spreads or is this a co incidence?

i know my query may come as a surprise but i thought i just ask anyhow.

thanks

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

DUPA, which stands for "Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia", affects all of the potential donor hair on the back wall and on both side walls. By definition, it is the presence diffusely through these hairs of MINIATURIZED HAIRS, which are hairs with a limited number of life cycles left before they disappear. Sometimes this can be picked up early with an in-office magnification device by an expert in hair loss diagnosis. Oftentimes it is obvious to the patient and his family by simply looking at these areas, in which you can "see through" to the bare scalp when it is moderately advanced.

As to why you only get those two views, my guess is that he feels the right and the left views would be identical and he's giving you a representative view. Some clinics only take a side view of one side and don't photograph both unless there is a difference. We used to only take a left view when we used film, to help save on photographic costs, but now do both sides with the less expensive digital modality.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

thanks for that dr beehner,

useful reply. so therefore am i right to assume that when DUPA occurs, it affects the whole head at the same time or there are possibilities that it can start from one side and move on to the other side later on or is the latter assumption not possible?

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...