Flakes.. Dandruff or dried up Scabs???

I had the stitches removed today and brought this up with the Tech.

I am currently 7 days post op. I have been noticing alot of flakes in my natural hair the past few days. I still see red scabs underneath my existing hair. I have never had dandruff but assumed this is what it was. The tech said the dry flakes are actually scabs dried up and coming off.

I hope she is right. What do you guys think? If it is dandruff, its probaly b/c i havent used conditioner since my HT. When did you guys start using conditioner again?

Thanks

I had the stitches removed today and brought this up with the Tech.

I am currently 7 days post op. I have been noticing alot of flakes in my natural hair the past few days. I still see red scabs underneath my existing hair. I have never had dandruff but assumed this is what it was. The tech said the dry flakes are actually scabs dried up and coming off.

I hope she is right. What do you guys think? If it is dandruff, its probaly b/c i havent used conditioner since my HT. When did you guys start using conditioner again?

Thanks

I had major flakes and scabs around the same time (5-7 days post-op). Found out it was cos I was being far too gentle when washing my hair - I was only dabbing the recipient area. It soon cleared up.

Check with other more experienced guys that that's defo the case, but it sounds like it probably is

Guest wanthairs

morenewhair...

this all sounds normal....dont worry.....I started my normal hairwashing regime at 14 days post op and I think by about 3 weeks post op all the scabs were gone.....Its normal for everythign to look like shit for a little while...Just throw out your mirrors and dotn look at them for 4 months....