Hair coloring/bleaching

jnel24

i'd personally say no if the remaining hair is thinning. I dyed my hair and it completely fell out in the crown where it was the weakest. Not sure if its going to grow back. I never should have did that.....

but if your remaining hair is still strong perhaps it can withstand the shock of the chemicals.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

baldcasanova, bring's up somthing I have alway's wondered about, and would like to know if it is true or false. Does coloring/bleaching do harm?

Now I know a bad dye,color or bleach job with the chemicals used wrong can hurt your hair/scalp.

What I want to know is, even if done right, is coloring or bleaching still doing harm to your hair/scalp ?

Joetronic and Futzy, if you two read this, chim in, I think you have both done this of late. How do you like it ? Will you keep doing it ?

Although I cannot say for sure whether or not bleaching/dying/coloring the hair will do it harm, I do know that a lighter color (for Caucasians) will subtle the contrast between the light scalp and dark hair for those who have brown and black hair. Streaking is also used by many men and women as well as "layering" the hair to give it depth.

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I'd agree with these comments from others. Perhaps my hair was just too weak to withstand it.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"