FUE Tools

Originally posted by bash77r:

Thanks again Dr Fellar.

For me as a patient, the results may be consistent but how do I know that a fairly newish techican isn't performing my op? i appreciate that they probably undergo extensive training but we'd all probably opt for experience/and a dr any day of the week.

In relation to consistency, i think there's plenty of doctors that submit their success weekly/monthly but there are others that we only occassionally hear from (i personally get a little scared by this - maybe there's no reason to though)

Re your FUE punch, you've mentioned that this will "likely translate into higher quality grafts rather than lower cost ones." This being the case, i'm really hope more doctors jump on board sooner than later (for the benefit of all hair loss pple)

I have spoken with an fue patient of his online and he said Dr.ferudini performed the injection and incisions never mentioned if he done the scoring.Techs done extractions and placement, some of them have 15 years experience working with him so im sure they know what they're doing.Im curious to know how your consultation goes with him so i wil keep in touch as my hairloss is similiar to yours.

I have travelled by ship transatlantic from England to the US several times and absolutely LOVED it. Can't wait to do it again when I can find the time. If you want to REALLY relax and get away from it all take a ship across the ocean for 5 straight days. Your blood pressure will drop a few points.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all, as some of you know, i had two consultations last week with Both Dr Devroye and Dr Feriduni of Belgium.

I was generally impressed with the overall experience and certainly benefited from the time spent with these coalition surgeons. They are certainly true professionals and there was nothing unethical about their approach to my situation.

So what did i learn?

- my hair density seems to be at least average (approximately 75/80cm2?)

- hair thickness equates to approx 0.65 (not sure how this measures up to averages etc)

- FUE surgery is certainly plausible. I would require somewhere between 1500 - 1800 grafts (the latter would include temple work) and could be achieved in one sitting (not sure if this is a good thing though?)

- Dr Fellars punch probably wouldn't be used during the op (Dr D was expecting a new tool to arrive the day after my consultation/Dr F was sticking to current methods but might use the 'fellar punch' further down the line)

Bill (Bill), if poss, it would be great to hear more from Dr Devroye on this new tool. He seemed very excited by it but i couldn't quite get my head around all the mechanics! In brief, he expects this tool not only to deliver a more efficient proceudure but possibly a quicker one too (i believe the instrument speed can be adjusted)

Dr Devroye showed me this link when i visited him but i didn't ask what tool this is. Is it Dr Fellars?

Additionally, is it common place to cover the patients head - as seen in this link!?