Work Close to the hairline and in the hairline

Hi,

I've got a problem that may not be typical, that probably doesn't need hundreds or thousands of grafts, but still needs an expert doctor to handle.

I'll describe it as I don't yet have good photos to show what I'm talking about.

I had a dermatologist/electrologyst remove some grafts that remained once the hairline had moved back. Since it was close to my real hairline this needed a lot of care in doing it correctly. Unfortunately, this doctor wasn't so expert as claimed and removed a few natural follicular units inside the hairline. Because it's a high hairline, it's noticeable. It had looked good with short hair, but not now and long hair with this doesn't make it look better. It's amazing how even a slight mistake makes such a difference in framing the face.

So now there are gaps, empty spaces (about follicular unit sized) alteranting with good hair right on the hairline in the right temple corner and going down about an inch and a half towards the sideburn and even a few over the right temple itself (the corner is pretty strong hair; the right temple is not as course and strong). Maybe seven to ten total gaps.

Question: How would doctors handle this without causing shock loss creeping into the good hair (the gaps are literally the size of single follicular units). My big fear is even putting single follicular units into the hairline into each gap will knock out the good hair right around it, right in the hairline thus causing more hair loss (and then needing more transplanted follicular units), like a vicious circle. It only needs a few in the right temple area but I'm afraid it will knock out a lot of my good hair. Do they have some strategy to handle this?

I have a lot more work that's needed on the left temple. However, in truth, I may not need more than a couple hundred follicular units. The second question is, will these reputable doctors do smaller jobs, but apply all of their good skills of course? I'm afraid they don't and I'm also afraid that they put more effort and time into the big jobs which are more lucrative for them.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that I need someone skilled to fix the screwups of two different doctors and who can do this repair with the same excellent care that they would give to any patient without replacing my whole head of hair because of shock loss.

Any comments on these two questions would be much appreciated.

Eagle10

Hi,

I've got a problem that may not be typical, that probably doesn't need hundreds or thousands of grafts, but still needs an expert doctor to handle.

I'll describe it as I don't yet have good photos to show what I'm talking about.

I had a dermatologist/electrologyst remove some grafts that remained once the hairline had moved back. Since it was close to my real hairline this needed a lot of care in doing it correctly. Unfortunately, this doctor wasn't so expert as claimed and removed a few natural follicular units inside the hairline. Because it's a high hairline, it's noticeable. It had looked good with short hair, but not now and long hair with this doesn't make it look better. It's amazing how even a slight mistake makes such a difference in framing the face.

So now there are gaps, empty spaces (about follicular unit sized) alteranting with good hair right on the hairline in the right temple corner and going down about an inch and a half towards the sideburn and even a few over the right temple itself (the corner is pretty strong hair; the right temple is not as course and strong). Maybe seven to ten total gaps.

Question: How would doctors handle this without causing shock loss creeping into the good hair (the gaps are literally the size of single follicular units). My big fear is even putting single follicular units into the hairline into each gap will knock out the good hair right around it, right in the hairline thus causing more hair loss (and then needing more transplanted follicular units), like a vicious circle. It only needs a few in the right temple area but I'm afraid it will knock out a lot of my good hair. Do they have some strategy to handle this?

I have a lot more work that's needed on the left temple. However, in truth, I may not need more than a couple hundred follicular units. The second question is, will these reputable doctors do smaller jobs, but apply all of their good skills of course? I'm afraid they don't and I'm also afraid that they put more effort and time into the big jobs which are more lucrative for them.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that I need someone skilled to fix the screwups of two different doctors and who can do this repair with the same excellent care that they would give to any patient without replacing my whole head of hair because of shock loss.

Any comments on these two questions would be much appreciated.

Eagle10

Eagle 10,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research forums.

Using latest techniques in ultra-refined follicular unit transplants, a physician should be able to fill those spots with FUs with limited danger of permanent shock loss. Of course, a consultation with a physician would be necessary to adequately assess your situation, but physicians are able to transplant grafts between native hair successfully.

All Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians utilize this method of ultra-refined dense-packed hair transplantation. Take a look at those physicians in your research.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog