Second guessing hair transplant

quote from the cinemotography hit---

" Forust----Hump":

..."'A------ life is----'A'------ li--ke 'A'----- box -------'A'------- KOooo---'N'---------doms......'ya---'A'---- neve'--- know if -------------'der---'A'----gonna'-------'A'--------- fit"....

so how the fu$$ do you know if the ht is?....

just reading through some of the botched stories on here and doubts...Just when I thought I was becoming solidly comfterable with my decision I now find myself second guessing it again...

NG2TB,

Do yourself a favor and Schedule with H@W. From all of the posts of yours that I have read, they have impressed you the most. Why play games with your head. There are already too many things going on inside there. icon_smile.gif You will be in good hands, and they will be essentially the most capable of any to do the best scenario. Bottom line:

-Don't do anything and you will be more bald in future. That is almost a guarantee. Are you going to be OK with that.

-Get a HT and you will have more hair. Possibly not the look or density that you desire, but you'll have more hair than if you do nothing.

-In the hands of a skilled physician the odds of looking worse are very negligible.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

ng2gb,

I was about to move this topic to the "Off Topic" forum when I noticed there was a legitimate hair restoration concern.

Therefore, in order to recognize this, I have modified the title of your posted thread to something more relevant.

Your doubts are normal but I do not feel that you should get a hair transplant until you feel a bit more confident in your decision. If I remember correctly also, you are a diffuse thinner and you are not on Propecia/Proscar? I would also suggest that you get on this medication for at least 6-12 months to see if it has any benefit for you.

Cheers,

Bill

What's happening NG2GB! Here's my book.

The should I or shouldn't I questions are something most here have run through our heads over and over. As NN said it's only going to progress. Most of us are on this board because we're a little obsessed about hair loss and it's something we think about all the time. Sounds like you're in the same boat. If your worries/obsessions about hair loss are something you think you can get past and not consume your thoughts then f*** the HT and get busy living. Millions of happy, succesful, good lookin baldies out there that don't let it get the best of them and I think that's awesome. Unfortunately I'm not one of them. If you can't be one of those guys then I think you're better off getting an HT sooner than later. For as much as I've read how much you like seeing pictures to asess an individuals situation I don't believe we've ever seen any pictures of your melon??? Why is that? Since we haven't seen any cabeza pics to provide an honest opinion you'll have to be the jugde of your own hair loss situation. Many question come into play

- Are you financailly able to get the HT

- Are you a good candidate (future NW7 better off just shaving the melon IMO)

- Are you able to take some time off work

- Are you looking to keep the HT a secret. H&W does some amazing work from what I've seen but are you ready to go through akward phase of buzzing your hair down and showing the donar scar.

- Millions of other questions we'll leave off

As you've seen these top notch HT Dr's do some incredible work. You're lucky to be thinking about this now rather than 15 yrs ago. Bottom line. If you think hair loss is going to consume your thoughts and you are a good candidate then "Just Do IT" sooner rather than later. Time flies. Hopefully we'll all be one of those guys that are so happy with our new hair that we think we were born with it and have no interest to check hair loss forums except to maybe help out some newbies. Oh yeah, make sure you post up pics of a million differnt hair styles :-). Handle it! Best of luck.

Originally posted by flyby:

What's happening NG2GB! Here's my book.

The should I or shouldn't I questions are something most here have run through our heads over and over. As NN said it's only going to progress. Most of us are on this board because we're a little obsessed about hair loss and it's something we think about all the time. Sounds like you're in the same boat. If your worries/obsessions about hair loss are something you think you can get past and not consume your thoughts then f*** the HT and get busy living. Millions of happy, succesful, good lookin baldies out there that don't let it get the best of them and I think that's awesome. Unfortunately I'm not one of them. If you can't be one of those guys then I think you're better off getting an HT sooner than later. For as much as I've read how much you like seeing pictures to asess an individuals situation I don't believe we've ever seen any pictures of your melon??? Why is that? Since we haven't seen any cabeza pics to provide an honest opinion you'll have to be the jugde of your own hair loss situation. Get on the propecia first. I doubt you'll have any issues at all, most don't. Many question come into play

- Are you financailly able to get the HT

- Are you a good candidate (future NW7 better off just shaving the melon IMO)

- Are you able to take some time off work

- Are you looking to keep the HT a secret. H&W does some amazing work from what I've seen but are you ready to go through akward phase of buzzing your hair down and showing the donar scar.

- Millions of other questions we'll leave off

As you've seen these top notch HT Dr's do some incredible work. You're lucky to be thinking about this now rather than 15 yrs ago. Bottom line. If you think hair loss is going to consume your thoughts and you are a good candidate then "Just Do IT" sooner rather than later. Time flies. Hopefully we'll all be one of those guys that are so happy with our new hair that we think we were born with it and have no interest to check hair loss forums except to maybe help out some newbies. Oh yeah, make sure you post up pics of a million differnt hair styles :-). Handle it! Best of luck.