feedback and ratings from you guys

greetings ;

I just want to try this as I will be having another treatment in about 6 months.

I would like to get as many posters to give me their top choices for surgeons that do good work for a combination of repair and hairline work - that can do so in one procedure and do not normally shave the recipient area .

If you are affiliated with one company - like for example H&W please name your best picks NOT including the company that you promote , or dont respond . Hopefully , I can come up with a short list of docs to choose from submitted by people who have been in this position or ones that may have researched this .

My short list so far is looking like Drs Feller , Keene , Shapiro ...... I'm looking forward to your thoughts , and why you picked them....

chibbler

greetings ;

I just want to try this as I will be having another treatment in about 6 months.

I would like to get as many posters to give me their top choices for surgeons that do good work for a combination of repair and hairline work - that can do so in one procedure and do not normally shave the recipient area .

If you are affiliated with one company - like for example H&W please name your best picks NOT including the company that you promote , or dont respond . Hopefully , I can come up with a short list of docs to choose from submitted by people who have been in this position or ones that may have researched this .

My short list so far is looking like Drs Feller , Keene , Shapiro ...... I'm looking forward to your thoughts , and why you picked them....

chibbler

Hi

I would vote for the following in no particular order.

1- Dr. Keene

2- Dr. Rassmun

3- H & W

4- Dr. True and Dorin

5- Dr. Feller

6- Dr. Shapiro

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi C1,

I had a procedure with Dr. Epstein in Miami and am almost 8 months out. I am happy with my results thus far although I still have 4 months before a final analysis.

I believe he is well regarded in the repair/hairline area and does not require that you shave. He also displays sample work on his site for your review.

I selected DR. E after consulting with several doctors and chose him for his honest and upfront assessment, natural looking hairlines and recommendations on this site. He also has an extensive photo gallery of before and after pics, so I was able to view results of other patients with similar hair loss as I. That helped manage my expectations.

I would add him to your shortlist.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Chibbler,

Welcome again to our community.

Keep in mind that no matter what list people give you, you should ultimately select a doctor that YOU have researched and are comfortable with.

I believe starting with and researching our Coalition Doctors are the best place to start.

All of the above physicians do Ultra-Refined Follicular Unit Transplantation

One of the problems with providing a list of "top doctors" is that we can only list based on what we've seen first hand and recently.

Therefore my list would be very similar to Mrjb's above plus a few other doctors - simply because they are more faithful in providing updated and recent photos on our community.

Our hope and goal is for our other Coalition Doctors will be so faithful in providing such updates.

Good luck in your research.

Bill

Yes, you are right about Dr. Alexander, but I think Chibbler was asking about doctors that "do not normally shave the recipient area".

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Thanks Gorp, your right Dr. alexander does shave the recipient area. At least in my case, I didn't have but 10 hairs to shave in my recipient area! icon_frown.gif

you are right , thats what I'm doing - research .I feel I'm already at the point where no matter who I go with I have a very good chance at a quality job .. whereas before I would have most likely got another cheezy job (before I started checking the web). I have a couple of questions - there are two Shapiros (I guess they are related) are they the same as for the quality of work ? I mean I see the two names , the two pictures but in all the comments they dont distinguish between the two and thier skills . Also the websites of the coalition docs dont really say which ones specialize in repair , hairlines and believe that its not a problem to leave the recipient area unshaved . I'm assuming all of the listed doctors can do an ok job but I'd prefer the ones that are known specifically for these items - so please , if you know which ones fit these criteria let me know as I dont see anyway of finding this out without calling all of them.... Another plus would be a doctor that does alot of the work him/herself . My last job was almost entirely performed by an assistant , the doctor was seldom seen during the procedure . No wonder I'm a poster boy for cobblestones.....

chibbler

Chibbler,

There are actually THREE Shapiro, but only two are recommended on this site. Dr. Ron and Dr. Paul Shapiro are brothers and both do quality work.

You are right...

Although we have profiles of each doctors listing their background and services, I'm sure more detail could be added to the profiles.

Try to remember in your research, however...

When comparing the best of the best, a lot of it comes down to personal choice and preference, as the data is very subjective. How do you choose between Picasso and Michael Angelo?

All our recommended doctors will do repair work, hairline work, and crown work on qualified candidates. My advice is to look at numerous patient before/after pictures from the clinics you are considering with a similar hair loss pattern as yourself. This will help you zero in on the doctor for you.

That being said...I'm sure following my post, you will receive a number of subjective opinions about which doctor does better crown/hairline/repair work. And though there is certainly merit in people's opinions, ultimately it is your opinion that is really going to matter the most.

Bill

Don't forget about Dr. Charles! icon_smile.gif

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Chibbler,

If you are looking for docs that don't have a pretty absolute policy on shaving I like:

Keene

Shapiro

Epstein

True/Dorin

Rose

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Ya, I was very impressed with some of the work Dr. Limmer posted recently. His donor excision sparked a little controversy but the work demonstrated was awesome.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Definitely add Dr. Cooley to your list. I had two awesome procedures with Dr. Cooley.

If shaving is a big deal with you I have no doubt he will work with you. My first procedure there was no shaving, my second procedure he shaved.

Before he shaved he asked me and made sure it was it was ok with me. I told him to go for it, I wanted the best results and had plenty of time to grow it all back.

Bottom line is that he and his staff are excellent and care about their patients. They will work with you. Just talk to him about your concerns and preferences in the initial consult.

• 2 years later...

I second NervousNelly. Yes. I had a transplant with him in June 2009. 2,000 grafts. If you want more detail, email me and I can even give you my phone number. Check out my blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...-page.asp?WebID=1277 .

Despite Dr. Limmer's best efforts, my transplant did not work out as well as expected. The density of the transplant is relatively low (I'd say about 40-50 hairs / in^2). Of course, my case was special--apparently I had "slippery grafts" (not sure of the technical term) resulting in the tech having a difficult time seating them in my scalp. Despite this, Dr. Limmer has been very reassuring. He has called me many times over the course of the past months and even seen me in person. We have talked about potentially doing a follow up procedure after 12 months. I am hopeful that this will work out.

Despite my troubles, I would recommend Dr. Limmer to anyone. You simply won't find a more competent, concerned surgeon for the price (or perhaps any price).