Incisions for fine hair

corpo

I've been told that I have very fine hair, although it has a substantial curl. Couple of questions - first, how does this affect the incision made in my scalp for the implaint, second - how does this affect the final outcome?

I've been told that I have very fine hair, although it has a substantial curl. Couple of questions - first, how does this affect the incision made in my scalp for the implaint, second - how does this affect the final outcome?

It will take more grafts for a guy with very fine hair to end up with the same coverage that a coarse-haired guy could get with fewer grafts. Hair shaft diameter (thin vs. coarse hair) is a huge factor in coverage, and is supposedly even a bigger factor than total number of grafts transplanted (!) This is a big deal because there is a limited amount of donor hair, so there is no simple solution like "just do a lot more grafts". It usually seems to mean you might expect a lighter coverage, in the end.

On the positive side, it might be easier for a great surgeon to do a soft feathered hairline on a guy like you, than on a guy with very wiry hair.

Keep in mind that hair shaft diameter varies widely, and what seems fine or thin to you might actually be average.

Having some curl to your hair helps with coverage.