Automated devices

Dr. Ahamd,

I have not seen any impressive hair transplants using such automated devices.

In my opinion, these attempts to automate parts of the hair transplant process limit creativity and artistic design of a skilled surgeon. Additionally, from what I understand (though I could be wrong), automating the incision making process limits the surgeon's control over the direction of the incision which is key in determining the direction of the transplanted hair growth.

One of the most informative posts I've seen on the Choi implanter can be found on the following hair restoration form thread posted by B Spot and written by Dr. Rassman.

I hope this helps.

Bill

P.S. Please add into your forum signature that you are a hair restoration surgeon as per our terms of service in order for our members to see this on all of your posts. Simply click "Go", "Personal zone", and then "Profile". From the profile page, click "View/Edit Profile". On the following page, scroll down until you see signature. Please add this information and click "submit" at the bottom. Please do not add contact information at this time. Thank you.

Dr. Ahamd and Bill,

In the interest of staying on top of things, we've tried just about all the new instrumentations. Some of these instruments can be a valuable asset to the procedure as long as it's used correctly and appropriately. Bill, I think you'd be surprised by just how many multi-site incision makers are being used as the session sizes grew by the top ht surgeons. When these instrumentations are being used, it's important to know that they add to the overall process of a ht surgery and not necessarily the only thing used. Therefore, a skilled surgeon is still able to customize the procedure and use their artistic skills when incorporating "automated" instruments.

Dr. Shapiro wrote a small article on our experince with the Choi implanter that he shared with other ht physicians. I can post if there are any interest. We have also use the Shiao(sp?) microimplanters with great sucess. There is a learning curve, but they can be very useful with inexperienced technicians learning to plant. The implanter protect the grafts and they come in many sizes. Here is their email address for more questions. hair_transpl@yahoo.com.tw (Bill, I guess you'll let me know if it's not okay to post this info.) The doctor and his techs came to our clinic to show us how to use them. I know they also have a video.

We have also use the multi-site incision makers by Dr. Wong and Dr. Keene. They are selectively use when appropriate.

Hello jana.\

Thanks for ur information.Being as a Hair restorative surgeon i m interested to know about ur automated devices.Does it make the palcing of grafts eazy ,faster with out any damage to hair follicle.What is its cost.HOw many graft can be placed in one microimpalnter.Finally if i m interested to buy,what sort of help u can do .Can u give me the mailing adress ,postal adress,telephone no and some thing like more

We don't use the implanters as most of our technicians are skilled and experienced planters, but we did get the doctor and his techs to come up to show us how to use his implanters. They take less time to learn to use the implanters than the conventional way of planting grafts. The implanters do protect the grafts as they are inserted.

You should contact: hair_transpl@yahoo.com.tw

Since they invented the implanters and use them on a regular basis, they can give you more information than I can with our minimal experience with them.

Good luck!

Dr. Ahamd,

My instructions are below. Send me a private message if you are stuck and tell me where you are stuck. Thanks,

-----

Please add into your forum signature that you are a hair restoration surgeon as per our terms of service in order for our members to see this on all of your posts. Simply click "Go", "Personal zone", and then "Profile". From the profile page, click "View/Edit Profile". On the following page, scroll down until you see signature. Please add this information and click "submit" at the bottom. Please do not add contact information at this time.