used nails to remove scrubs

hi its been 4 months i had my transplant and i see only 10 percent growth on my forehead. when i had my transplant, i had most of the scrubs on head till my 10th day and when doc advised me to rub and wash them i used my nails, do any one think i lost the grafts because of this , i am a bit worried now and is it mandatory to take rogaine or propecia. i am not taking them afraid of the side effects but i am using the hair comb, can any one advice me plzz.

hi its been 4 months i had my transplant and i see only 10 percent growth on my forehead. when i had my transplant, i had most of the scrubs on head till my 10th day and when doc advised me to rub and wash them i used my nails, do any one think i lost the grafts because of this , i am a bit worried now and is it mandatory to take rogaine or propecia. i am not taking them afraid of the side effects but i am using the hair comb, can any one advice me plzz.

After 10 days your grafts were anchored firmly in place. You should be fine. Now you have to wait for growth. Rogaine and Propecia are not mandatory but I would follow your Doc's advice.

Hello rikky,

I second what plugvet says. Your grafts are more than likely just fine. I seem to recall reading here somewhere that if you had done any damage to your grafts there would have been bleeding & it would have been more obvious that you had actually pulled out any grafts.

Now you just gotta wait it out like the rest of us. Most folks seem to find the next couple months to be pretty unremarkable in terms of noticable growth, with a few exceptions of course. My guess would be that you'll be much happier and more pleased once the holiday season is upon us (timing wise).

Good Luck!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

I had mine about the same time as you had yours, and I am probbaly at about hte saem growth stage. I really think you have nothing to worry about in that aspect. I have also pulled a graft. If you would have pulled one, you would have had quite a bit of blook on your scalp from it;it would have been obvious, so you are probbaly set.

Yeah, waiting sucks.

4 months is nothing . Be patient and wait atleast 6 months to see some cosmtetic result

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!