What this every time I shower? (9 days post-op)

Hi Everyone

I've spent a lot of time going through your posts and I must say, its an immense comfort to know that so many share feeling about a tpoic of such great "tabu".

I'm hopin you can easy my concern about the "flaking" that I'm seing on my grafted area (app. 2500 done by Epstein in Miami).

I'm attaching 2 photos. 1st is when the scalp is dry, and second at its moist state.

8days_postop_dry.jpg.f9beb0ba4511418a787842994bcc60a2.jpg

Hi Everyone

I've spent a lot of time going through your posts and I must say, its an immense comfort to know that so many share feeling about a tpoic of such great "tabu".

I'm hopin you can easy my concern about the "flaking" that I'm seing on my grafted area (app. 2500 done by Epstein in Miami).

I'm attaching 2 photos. 1st is when the scalp is dry, and second at its moist state.

AndersUK,

The flaking is perfectly normal and a part of the healing process. The skin should return to "normal" in just a few more days. It will, basically, look like you just shaved your head in that spot with the little transplanted graft hairs poking up. In a few more days, most (if not all) will begin to shed and the transplanted follicles will lie dormant for a few months whereas in month 4 or 5 you will start seeing them sprout and grow.

Sit back, enjoy the ride, and welcome to the forums!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Robert

Thats just so comforting to hear!!!

I thought I had done my research, but some things you just don't pay attention to until after you're "in it"...

I posted the wrong 8 days post-op in dry condition, so here's it goes again.

Also, Robert, or anyone else....

I had 200 singles placed on each cheak to even out my beard. Drying my face gently on day 7 a LOT of the hair seemed to fall out and I'm wondering if I should have kept my hands off this softer skin area longer or do you think it was just the hairs falling out?

Thanks for your help so far!!!

8days_postop_dry.jpg.9e8221084ab9b9ceed105a471e8c1e5b.jpg

As far as the cheek grafts go, as long as there is no blood where the hairs were then I think you are probably safe and haven't lost any grafts. Check with your physician if you are still concerned, though.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi everyone

The flakes are coming off nice and easy now.

I had a chat with Jeffrey Epstein and he looked over the photos I sent him. He said the same thing.

As the hairs start to shed and I can see that the follicles stay behind I'm also relaxing more and more.

I made it this far icon_smile.gif So I'm letting this thread rest - thanks ALL for your kind response. I'll be posting photos regularly so let you see how the hair is coming out...

Now that my seeds are safely in the ground, nothing I can do but enjoy the "winter" and wait 'till "spring" icon_smile.gif

Good to know that everything is progressing normally, AndersUK. Don't forget to remind yourself that it is perfectly normal when those transplanted hair begin shedding in a couple of weeks. Don't worry about it a bit. They will be back before you know it.

-Robert