Dr. Robin Unger

kang2000

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kang and welcome.

Dr. Robin Unger is not a Doctor that we recommend at this time.

This is not to say that she or her father are not good choices, per se, it is just that we like to recommend PROVEN Doc's.

By that we mean a Doc that has consistantly produced superior results---- using up to date technology and methodology.

I believe several people who have been transplanted by Dr. Unger in the late 90's were not impressed by the level of work they received.

Of course, times change.

However, at this time with Doctors Feller, Bernstein, Epstein, True and Dorin all in or nearby NYC, I think a visit to one or more of them is certainly in order.

Especially if you are in the research stage of the process.

Compare and contrast your experiences and information gleaned and make a more informed decision.

I hope this helps you out.

Please feel free to ask any questions you feel are necessary.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Just to add something--- I spent over 2 hours trying to find SOMETHING that contained before and after photos of her work.

No Luck.

I did search some foreign forums as well.

I did find where she still uses slot and punch grafts, in the right instances of course. ????

Anyway, found a lot of descriptive information about female transplantation and found that graft sessions range from 1600-2100 grafts.

This is about the best I can do right now--- her website is unavailable and unless you wish me to call her clinic directly, this is the most info I can offer.

I would rather see you choose a Coalition Doc and have you stop limiting yourself geographically in your search.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 1 month later...

Could you please explain why you would not choose Dr. Unger? I did have a procedure with her in NOvember, 2005 and I guess I'm not that pleased, but would appreciate hearing more about any of your experiences with her. Also, what surgeons would you recommend in the Upstate or Central New York State area?

Thanks!!

Quite frankly we really know nothing about her.

While that does NOT make her a poor choice, when someone asks us if they should go to this or that doc, we usually try to offer a known commodity, such as Dr. Epstein or Dr. Feller, etc....

Since I last posted on this thread, I have HEARD that Dr. Robin Unger possesses the skills to be invited into our Coalition, but I have no proof one way or the other.

If Pat looks at this thread, perhaps he could contact her for some before and afters.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

• 3 years later...
  • 11 years later...
  • Moderators

This post was from 14 years ago. Certainly someone's skills can improve a lot over 14 years. That doesn't make anything that anyone said about the Dr 14 years ago crazy.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.