Bill - Managing Publisher

Welcome GUESTS To Our Community!

Hello everyone and welcome!

Thank you for visiting the Hair Transplant Network Discussion Forum.

Our goal here is to help educate and encourage fellow hair loss sufferers in their hair restoration journey.

Here you can not only find answers to many of your questions but talk to other members of our community through public and private messaging.

I encourage you all to become an active particpant by clicking on the “sign up”  button at the top of the computer or your mobile device.  

Don't be shy! Ask your questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone here was once a novice! There are many knowledgable members here that are here to help you.

If you'd prefer to have a question answered privately, feel free to email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com. I'm here to help in any way that I can.

Sincerely,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Bill,

I'm new to this forum, and need help in finding a qualified HT surgeon in Phoenix, AZ. Any helpful advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Golfisgood,

Welcome to our community! Thank you for taking the time to join us!

Dr. Alexander is an elite coalition hair restoration physician doing quality ultra refined follicular unit transplantation in your area. He has a number of satisfied patients.

Be sure to use the "find" feature of this community in order to view patient reviews and before/after pictures.

You might also want to start your own thread in order to get help from other veteran members of our community.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

hey Bill,

wasnt sure,,i sent you a private message and couldnt tell if it went thru or not..i was having some problems with my computer..lemme know.

i was givin you an update on my HT

shmutzy,

I did see that I got a private message from you. I'm checking it now. Thanks.

Bill

will be getting ht with dr dorin in NY in a couple of months.Heard good things about him.any comments?

cobrook,

Dr. Dorin does quality work. You will be in great hands. Feel free to use the "find" feature of our community to see what his patients have been saying.

I hope you'll also create your own thread and share your experience and photos with us after your surgery.

Best wishes for restoring your hair,

Bill

Thank you for your reply.This forum is the reason I chose him.I actually had put money down to have it done from someone else but after reaing the posts I did more research and changed my mind.Thank you very much.This is a very personal matter for me and to be able to share it and learn from other people that have had it done has truly been helpful.Thanks!

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum, and I found you all by searching for "hair restoration message boards."

I am a woman, I live in NYC, and I have been losing my hair since my early 20's. I am now "almost" 46 years old icon_wink.gif, and my hair loss is almost in the advanced stages where my scalp is becoming difficult to hide.

My hair loss I would say is mostly at the hair line and the crown, which I believe is typical for women (I might be wrong). I am not on any special shampoos to help stop my hair loss, but I have tried Rogaine and Nioxin in the past. Honestly, I never stayed on any of these products long enough to notice if it was working or not.

After much consideration about my options, I have decided I do not want to go through the rest of my life wearing a wig, or wearing a system that will probably only promote more hair loss. I want to find out more information about hair restoration.

I have read through Billero's comments (thank you for sharing your experiences), and I think I am in the right place for help.

I am glad I found you all and this site. If you can give me any suggestions regarding:

1) why I should stay away from centers such as Bosleys for instance.

2) NYC area doctors I can visit to determine my degree of hair loss and what my options are.

3) Costs.

Thanks again for being here. I look forward to getting to know you all.

nyc-home

nyc-home,

Welcome to our forum community.

Firstly, I'd strongly suggest creating your own thread and posting this so that you receive the maximum support and encouragement from our patient members. You can do this by going to "New" and "discussion" in the top left hand corner of the forum.

I'm glad that you found my personal experience helpful and I'm sure that you will be able to receive a wealth of information here on this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello this is my first blog. This is great to have a forum like this! Well I am interested in HT however I am skeptical of some of the results and Drs. I came across the Bosley website and infomercials. I also read some comments people made of them like the one Dakota made referring to them as the "Bosley Blunder". I am looking for a reputable Dr. with real results. How do I go about this? And are the Bosley Drs. all a scam and marketing? Or can some be legit? Can anyone help? I am interested in the surgery but just don't want to have to do the procedure more than once because a dr. messed up! I am 33 years old from New Jersey. So can someone help with great drs. in the new jersey and new york area?

THanks

Hello, my first post here - to give some sincere thanks for your independence - i.e., not being in the pocket for any particular doctor or group of them.

I've been looking into HT for a couple years now and it has become evident that a whole lot of hair-loss-related forums are apparent publicity forums for particular doctors/clinics. Not that there's anything inherently devious about publicizing one's practice, but given the seriousness of the decision involving any surgery, I found many of those sites wanting in objectivity.

I sympathize with your being dragged into a lawsuit by the curiously-sensitive Armani chain and I trust you and this site will emerge victorious (and pumped for a countersuit if it's warranted) - but on the bright side that suit is your badge of legitimacy, IMO. I now know one doctor whom I can safely, decisively pass over, so I guess we should offer muted thanks to the diligent Armani legal team for lending some inadvertent advice... icon_wink.gif

At any rate, thanks to this site and some consistent feedback I've read here and there, I think I've settled on a doctor who appears to be a good intersection of skill, cost, location and positive patient feedback, but since I still have good coverage and want to avoid using financing I will be holding off for a year or so.

So thank you for your independence, and keep up the good work.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and very new to HR. I don't know whole a lot about the precedure, I went to MHR in Houston,TX for a consultation, but I don't know. I heard many horror stories about this kinda stuff.

I hope I can leran more about HR on this forum.

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum this week, and I had my transplant on 3-9-09. I am in the process of setting up my hair loss web blog.

I hope I will not catch too much grief for just jumping into this, and having my procedure done with minimal research. I know the whole purpose of a forum is to do research and to learn. I am glad I have this resource now as a support and knowledge base as I go forward.

Originally posted by Hyperpilositus:

I sympathize with your being dragged into a lawsuit by the curiously-sensitive Armani chain and I trust you and this site will emerge victorious (and pumped for a countersuit if it's warranted) - but on the bright side that suit is your badge of legitimacy, IMO.

Absolutely true.

And

are important.

Okay. I did a test for my last post, but this is the one I would like as much help as available with.

I am brand new to this forum, and have had 3 transplant procedures. The first two (1,000, then 1500) I got screwed over by Dr. Giannatto, because I was novice and insecure. The third was by Dr. Epstein (@ 2000) out of Miami who was awesome.

First thing I am wondering is if there is anything I can do about Dr. Giannatto's horrible work? I don't think so now that I had Dr. Epstein work on me, but just to check and see, I would like to know. The hairs are going every which way if I don't style them, and the scar was friggin huge!

I currently use rogaine 5% at least once, maybe twice a day, depending on work, and take propecia once a day, and do the hairmax laser comb once every other day for fifteen minutes.

I am contacting, becuase it seems like no matter waht I do to my hair, it never seems to be enough. I would like more hair in the temple area, and would like my hair to be a little thicker and fuller. For the money I spent so far, I feel like it should look a hell of alot better than it does, which it probably woul, had I seen Dr. Epstein earlier.

I am tired of the back of my head being in pain and I have had these three procedures done over the last 18 months. I would really just like it to be done, and have everything be only maintenance from this point on. It makes me very insecure when I have my hat off, and it is causing confidence problems in my dating life, where I used to be extremely successful.

In a nutshell, I am wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me know what I should do to put this process to rest, as I will probably need at least one more procedure before I will be totally satisfied, but I would like that to be my last. I live in florida, and was considering Dr. Bauman. Also, if there is any shampoos that people have experience using that would thicken the hair shafts that would be great.

I apologize about the long post, but I have held back due to insecurity for a long time, and have a lot of questions.

Please help

Secondly

Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this forum. I'm a 30 year old male who has had two strip scar surgeries with DHI Medical about 5-6 years ago. These procedures have had a really negative effect on my life. I have a big scar in my donor area and hair is not very thick on top. I want to improve my scar and thickness on top. I have looked into triophytic closure and FUE/FIT/CIT into the scar. I consulted with Dr. Bernstein (in person) who said there is probably not enough hair in my donor area to have another procedure. I also consulted with Dr. Cole via email and photo consult who recommended that I get CIT into the scar and crown (900 grafts in total-200 into scar, 700 into crown).

I really don't know what to do. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Sincerely,

GlenB

Hey Glen,

It's very unfortunate that your procedure left you scars and genuinely unhappy with the results. If it were me, I'd leave well (or not so well) enough alone and concentrate on improving other aspects of your life. (i.e. weight, physique, self-confidence). There's no telling how much more damage these procedures will do to your scalp.

I'm very curious to help others like yourself review the professionals performing these procedures. My hobby is

(Promotional link removed) and I would love to incorporate this side (Restoration) of the industry into my work.

I truly wish you the best.

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Spam - Promotional link

Hello community,

Been lurking here on and off for a few years. Had my first HT about 5 years ago (1540 FU) and just had my second one 3 weeks ago (3100 FU). Will be posting my progress pretty soon.

Just thought I'll introduce myself first.

Originally posted by wantmorehare:

I am new

Welcome to our community wantmorehare..icon_smile.gif

Hair plays a large role in defining your image, with around 50% of us thinning out before we??™re 50 years old, therefore there is a significant chance that you may suffer from a form of hair loss at some stage.