Question . . .

Bill,

Thank you for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated.

All of my grafts were i groups of five or six. All of the grafts were also in my crown. Would this make a difference? Would this improve my density and given the location of my grafts, would you be less concerned with the pluggy look?

Thanks man,

John

John,

In my opinion, it is BETTER in the crown, but nothing replaces the naturalness of follicular unit grafting. I have heard some physicians make cases of using some double or multi follicular units (minigrafts) in small quantities and strategically placed, but in my opinion, the use of all minigrafting can appear quite pluggy and unnatural.

Who was your physician and do you have any pictures you can share with us?

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I have no photos - I just had the transplant three months ago. But, I will work on some photos.

I found this website after my transplant and had my transplant done through a PAI doctor Jeffrey Waesche.

I have read the numerous posts against PAI - remember I had my transplant before I read these posts - and have decided to withhold judgement until I see the final results of my transplant. The way that I look at it, if I am happy with my transplant, I will go back for a second procedure through them. If not, I will take my business elsewhere.

That said, since I have read so many negative posts against PAI, I have begun to grow a little weary.

John,

In my opinion, if you choose to undergo a second hair transplant surgery, select a clinic who has a proven track record of performing quality follicular unit hair transplantation.

Read about the history and evolution of hair transplant surgery from plugs to minigrafts to follicular unit grafting.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you for your advice and time, it's much appreciated.

That said, have you heard anything about this doctor? I am unable to find anything on him, good or bad.

John,

I am not familiar with your physician in particular, but if he is doing all minigrafting, frankly speaking, he is behind the times.

I don't want to alarm you - it's quite possible depending on your surrounding native hair that your crown will still look ok. You can always camouflage these later with follicular units with a subsequent surgery.

Give it time to see how your hair matures.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by Johna1a:

Bill,

I have no photos - I just had the transplant three months ago. But, I will work on some photos.

I found this website after my transplant and had my transplant done through a PAI doctor Jeffrey Waesche.

I have read the numerous posts against PAI - remember I had my transplant before I read these posts - and have decided to withhold judgement until I see the final results of my transplant. The way that I look at it, if I am happy with my transplant, I will go back for a second procedure through them. If not, I will take my business elsewhere.

That said, since I have read so many negative posts against PAI, I have begun to grow a little weary.

I TOO, WOULD BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL IF YOU OR ANY OTHER

FELLOW HAIR RESTORATION SEEKER , COULD PROVIDE ANY,

INFO ON DR. JEFFERY WAESCHE, OR TELL ME WHERE TO LOOK

ON THE WEB FOR POSSIBLE INFO.

THANKS,

ZEEK IN MISSOURI