How many grafts Are needed to Hide scalp on the Frontal 1/3

I know this would depend in part on the quality of the donor hair and the contrast between hair color and skin tone. But lets say we have two types:

1. Thick/coarse hair

2. thin/fine hair

Lets say the contrast between skin tone and hair is against the individual - fair skin and black hair.

Now with that in mind, how many number of grafts would be required to cover up the frontal third of a scalp such that no scalp shows in that area. Or at least give the illusion of no hair loss (I suppose the no scalp showing would require too many grafts that might not be feasible depending on baldness in other areas)?

I know this would depend in part on the quality of the donor hair and the contrast between hair color and skin tone. But lets say we have two types:

1. Thick/coarse hair

2. thin/fine hair

Lets say the contrast between skin tone and hair is against the individual - fair skin and black hair.

Now with that in mind, how many number of grafts would be required to cover up the frontal third of a scalp such that no scalp shows in that area. Or at least give the illusion of no hair loss (I suppose the no scalp showing would require too many grafts that might not be feasible depending on baldness in other areas)?

mm76,

This is a tough question to answer, but I'd say typically between 2500-3000 grafts in the frontal third of can provide a good illusion of density given:

1) a completely bald area

2) certain hair characteristics

3) conservative hairline placement

Harsh lighting at certain angles will still most likely get through and show some scalp. This is the nature of an "illusion" of density.

Best wishes,

Bill

so 2500-3000 grafts would b the range depending on whether the hair is thick to thin - or is that just the range for thick hair?

Fair enough harsh lighting would show some scalp - how about the wind? Think back when you had a thicker mane, I know when I had mine, the wind would just mess it up. Now, though, apart from messing up the hair, the scalp is also visible. So, for someone who is completely bad and gets anywhere between 2500-3000 grafts how does the wind fare for them (assume no harsh lighting)?