Time to get a transplant, give me your advice, please!

I've waited 3 years (due to being told to WAIT, I'm too young, bla bla bla)

While still a young 23, now is the time to get this done. My hair, is thick, black. I'm a hairy guy. My recession is only on one side of the temple, my right side. The left is barely starting to go, it looks like my right side did when I was 19. So my temples are 4 years apart. Very unnatural looking. I usually comb my hair back, but recently I leave it "wild" and some of it forward to cover it up. I'm only 23, to do this is time consuming and sad.

It doesn't look right on my head. I want like a 250-500 FUI session mainly on my right side, just to buy me time. I understand that my hair may recede more. But this is my HAIRLINE... I can cover it up for years if I have a restored hairline (the hardest part to combover is the hairline afterall)

I have an abundance of hair. I figure they can use my sides and back to replace the hairline. And if and when it gets worse, I can use my arm, chest or leg hair to fill in the rest (IF I don't have enough transferrable hair on my head, that is)... Not to mention a little bit of Toppex and long, long hair to cover up thinness in the middle.

I've been on propecia for years. I use monoxidil as preventative on my crown. I need to do this. I can't travel. I have a 3 week long vacation from work coming up in december. and about $1,500 to burn.

Advice please! There was one doctor in San Diego (I'm in LA) recommended to me years ago that was said to do a decent job.

Advice! Please! I'm in the entertainment business. As superficial as it is, as much as I'd rather be natural and say "hey, this is me" i can't risk losing my younger years for not getting a simple 500 graft procedure done.

Originally posted by Arson:

I need to do this. I can't travel. I have a 3 week long vacation from work coming up in december. and about $1,500 to burn.

Advice please! There was one doctor in San Diego (I'm in LA) recommended to me years ago that was said to do a decent job.

A hair transplant disaster in making if I ever saw one.

Yes, thats what you are going for.

You have quoted all the reasons why you should not be getting a HT.

You cant travel. U have vacation. U have bucks and ur hairline is a wee bit receded.

So?!

Research more dear fellow hair loss sufferer.

I do not mean to be harsh. But u do need to research a lot more.

If you ever do go ahead with your ht, please go for a fue. Choose a doctor who can transplant densely. And make sure you see his results real close up to be sure they look natural.

I bet if you find such a good doctor, he will not transplant you. Not yet,anyway.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

I have done my research. I'm 23. Normally I look like I'm age 19. When visible my receded hairline makes me look 30. Not fun.

Yes, I know FUE is the way to go. Like I said, I've been studying for years. The doctor in SD does the FUE procedure, his name is doctor DeYarmen I believe.

I don't want some thick dense over exaggerated procedure, I just want something natural and decent that won't give away to holes or sunlight peircing thorugh my head and showing the big hole i have in my right temple!

sorry for being too harsh.

I am sure u did ur research. Gud luck. Can u post some pictures of this hairline u r so worried about?

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.