Can hair loss drugs work for me

eagletrojan

Im 23. About a year ago I went in to a transplant consultation where they said they didn't want to prescribe me Propecia because it doesn't work for a receeding hairline.

Is this true? My hair recession is quickly moving toward the top of my head so I am thinking maybe at this point propecia might actually work.

thanks in advance for feedback.

Im 23. About a year ago I went in to a transplant consultation where they said they didn't want to prescribe me Propecia because it doesn't work for a receeding hairline.

Is this true? My hair recession is quickly moving toward the top of my head so I am thinking maybe at this point propecia might actually work.

thanks in advance for feedback.

Hi eagletrojan,

not strictly true, during the original trials of this drug the manufacturer conducted tests and recorded findings on the top and mid regions of the scalp only.

So my own opinion is potentially it could be used for frontal loss, it seems odd it would be bias toward the top and mid regions, even so if you read posts of a similar nature as your own it would seem the frontal part of the scalp is stubborn to respond to

medical treatment.

If you do decide to try Propecia you could include Minoxidil, as the two have a synergistic effect and could offer a greater chance of some response.

I would recommend that you research these treatments and make any decisions of the back of your research.

dabuski

Hi

I have been using finasteride and rogaine since I was 23, It slows down hairloss, find a doctor that will prescribe it(finasteride)/proscar/propecia.

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

They wouldn't prescribe you propecia? First, it may very well strengthen your frontal region IN ADDITION to helping preserve the fortitude of your vertex/crown; moreover, when combined with minodoxil it most definitely can give you appreciable help in your frontal 1/3rd.

I hope that you haven't unecessarily lost a lot of ground in the past year; I would get on propecia ASAP, and combine this with rogaine foam 5% and nizoral and/or revita shampoo.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

notgoing2gobald

I am 25 and a diffused thinner thinning throughout top of head but not significant receding hairline. I come to the front giving illusion of full head but head on you can see the balding/thinning.

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

Thanks for the help guys.

I saw Doctor Pak in Beverly Hills today. I got a prescription to Propecia. he did not recommend me for surgery, wanted me to take Propecia for a year and then see if I am a surgery candidate then (I turn 23 next month).

I have another question;

Some of you are recommending using rogaine as well as Propecia. One of you said this will especially help with the frontal third (where I am losing it). I forgot to ask the doctor about this, but is this a common thing to do? Mix rogaine and Propecia? Will this help the front?

Thanks fellas.