Avodart and Insurance

Ok i got a script from my doctor and the my insurance ok'd to cover.Obviously im not using avodart for bpm but i got away with it with no hassle at all.

What kind of legal troubles can i get into?Would they check into something like this? I am in my mid-20s so usually guys my age dont have prostate problems !

Ok i got a script from my doctor and the my insurance ok'd to cover.Obviously im not using avodart for bpm but i got away with it with no hassle at all.

What kind of legal troubles can i get into?Would they check into something like this? I am in my mid-20s so usually guys my age dont have prostate problems !

If a doctor diagnosed it and insurance picked up the bill, then you are safe I'd say.

It isn't likely that an insurance company will spend time to audit this unless it is clearly abusive. Afterall, a doc prescribed it, right?

My insurance will pay if a doc prescribes the drug and the drug is on their list of ones they'll pay for.

Propecia isn't on it. Proscar probably is, but I'd have to get a network doctor to write the script. So I might as well just save the hassle and fork over the 75 cents a day to save me the worry and trouble. Anyway, that is what I chose to do.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

This is a very serious crime . As a pharmacist

I see this and must warn you that if the

insurance company finds out that you dont have

BPH and you are using the avodart for hairloss

you will be sued for insurance fraud and face

a possible 15-20 years in prison. This is a

case such as if you get by with robbing the bank

do you deserve to keep the money. Its time to call

the insurance company and spill your guts about

this horrific crime (which happens to be a felony)

Lets do the right thing.

Ok after all that I'm just messing with you. As

much as we pay for insurance if you can get it

to go through - use it and enjoy it. I just

couldnt help myself.

Greg D.

GD:

I'm gonna jump in and say, "That was a good one".

Not that I was worried, but anybody who has gotten scripts knows that it often is your word ONLY at stake. If the doctor "buys it", then that is his/her negligence and not yours.

I've walked in to the doc and just said something is bothering me and the scripts start flowing. Issuing a script is not time consuming for the docs and 9 out of 10 times makes the patient happy, so they figure why not.

The only time they'll really think hard is if it is a script for something like Accutaine that can totally fxxk up your life.

It's like, go to the doc and say, "I've had really weak urine flow lately." That is a tell-tale sign of an enlarged prostate. Sure, he can order tests, or he can give you a script for Proscar (and maybe Avodart) and try that out for a bit, and if it works, everyone is happy. If he wants tests, and you protest, well, what have you lost? He isn't going to force you to take tests if you refuse them, is he?

Okay, he may prescribe a different prostate medication which won't do crap for hairloss. But that is the chance you take.

FINALLY . . . I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the law. If you know it is a crime, don't do it is my advice to you.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

For a small monthly donation of of $50 (somebody's got to pay for MY Propecia), I'll keep your little secret, our secret. Otherwise get ready for a serious phonecall from your insurance company.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Good 1 GD.You had me going man.My heart skipped a beat lol.

Yeah tomm i pick up my first batch.Im not even sure if im going to switch over from finasteride yet but im just going to leave it on the side just in case i decide to.