Dr. Woods (BHT)

Ataylor

Ok, so a family member and I did a little research on this guy. I also did a search on here and one other person had inquired in regards to Dr. Woods and his question went unanswered.

This truly seems too good to be true. He states that he is so confident in his technique that he doesn't make any of his patients sign a Legal Disclamier. From what I've heard he has assistants that run an office which is based out of L.A.

Have any of you had any procedures done through this man or his establishment? Any thoughts on what he claims? Anything that seems to make sense or might raise question?

All help is appreciated, because I'm leaning more towards this guy than anyone else right now.

Thanks!

Here's a link to his website:

http://www.thewoodstechnique.com/default.asp?MenuID=164&Category=&Search=

Ok, so a family member and I did a little research on this guy. I also did a search on here and one other person had inquired in regards to Dr. Woods and his question went unanswered.

This truly seems too good to be true. He states that he is so confident in his technique that he doesn't make any of his patients sign a Legal Disclamier. From what I've heard he has assistants that run an office which is based out of L.A.

Have any of you had any procedures done through this man or his establishment? Any thoughts on what he claims? Anything that seems to make sense or might raise question?

All help is appreciated, because I'm leaning more towards this guy than anyone else right now.

Thanks!

Here's a link to his website:

http://www.thewoodstechnique.com/default.asp?MenuID=164&Category=&Search=

He states that he is so confident in his technique that he doesn't make any of his patients sign a Legal Disclamier. From what I've heard he has assistants that run an office which is based out of L.A.

I think you may be a little confused. Doctor Woods (Woods technique) oprates out of Australia. You may be thinking of Dr. Umar in Los angles area. What I can tell you from experience that there are no assistants during the procedure and he is the originator of the stripless technique(fue) I had the opportunity 4 years ago to see many patients before I made a descion to fly to Australia and get the procedure done. Just like in the strip procedure there are others doing Fue. In my opinion you should research and base your opinion on consistrent results. Good luck to you..

No, trust me, I'm not mistaken as to who I'm speaking of - I spent literally 11 1/2 hours straight reading up on this guy and could not find one negative comment. I had read about the whole not-having-any-assistant's thing, and it makes me a bit comfortable, actually, that the only persons in charge of dealing with my head are the ones most qualified. My cousin had told me that Dr. Woods has an office based out of L.A., so that's where I got that from.

Anyway, I had already checked the price for flights and the such - that's one of my main concerns right now. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for everything - I mean (all the way down to buying snacks and upwards to the flight) everything? Does Dr. Woods charge a lot per graft? How much did you pay? I heard $3USD and then I heard of prices upwards of about $7USD...so, I don't know.

I'm wondering whether it'd be worth it to go to Australia for about 150-200 grafts. I'm going to have to check up on that L.A. branch.

I'm having a hard time getting answers from anyone (let alone someone who's actually dealt with Dr. Woods), so forgive me for bombarding you with questions.

One last request, if I may, Franklin: Please rate your afterlook. Out of 10 (1 being least satisfied and 10 being ecstatic) how happy are you with the results?

Thanks (a million) in advance for the help, man,

-Anthony

Ok, first of all a "legal disclaimer" is not worth the paper it is written on. So making that claim means very little. Second, while Dr. Woods may have pioneered FUE, that was quite a few years ago and several doctors have caught up and potentially surpassed his abilities. There is nothing magical about FUE any more. Dr. Feller in New York is doing excellent FUE work now. I don't think it is worth it to fly to Australia.

You're wondering if it is worth it to fly to Australia for 150-200 grafts? Is that a missprint? It is not even worth it to get any kind of hair transplant anywhere for 150 to 200 grafts. Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to do much more research.

There is plenty of discussion about Dr. Woods. Just do a search on "Woods" with the find button. Just make sure you notice the date of the post. In 2002 it might have been unique. Now it is not.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Does Dr Feller still do FUE?

I was under the impression that he decided that he preferred strip.

Dr Woods is certainly the most experienced.

Everything else is fairly subjective.

Ataylor. You should get in contact with the office and discuss price with them because every situation is dealt with seperately. Are you looking for bht as it say's in the post? Or head hair grafts? Please do not get a ht just based on technique alone do it with experience surgeons and long term results . Not all strip procedures in my opinion are equal and same goes with fue. I am 100% satisfied with my procedures and choice that I made 3 years ago. Good luck in the research.

ATaylor, I noticed from your previous posts that you have the TTA problem. I think Dr. Feller could fill that in nicely for you. No need to go to Australia. If Dr. Woods really comes to LA, then sure, you could do that too. But I wouldn't go all the way to Australia. Also, be careful that it is actually Dr. Woods and not some other doctor working for him or someone who has bought the rights to use his name. It would probably be best to use scalp hair, not body hair.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Franklin:

Ataylor. You should get in contact with the office and discuss price with them because every situation is dealt with seperately. Are you looking for bht as it say's in the post? Or head hair grafts? Please do not get a ht just based on technique alone do it with experience surgeons and long term results . Not all strip procedures in my opinion are equal and same goes with fue. I am 100% satisfied with my procedures and choice that I made 3 years ago. Good luck in the research.

Thanks for the email, Frank. Also, thanks for the replies, effort and for all of the help - it's truly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Ok, first of all a "legal disclaimer" is not worth the paper it is written on. So making that claim means very little.

Do you know if Dr. Feller makes you sign one?

Second, while Dr. Woods may have pioneered FUE, that was quite a few years ago and several doctors have caught up and potentially surpassed his abilities. There is nothing magical about FUE any more. Dr. Feller in New York is doing excellent FUE work now.

Taking into consideration some of the pictures I've see online, FUE does seem to be noting less than a "magical" procedure. As a matter of fact, I read a quote that Dr. Feller made which stated this: "The best FUE doctor I know is Dr. Campbell" - which is Dr. Woods Wife. While all others were in the midst of perfecting this technique, Dr. Woods had perfected it and was only getting better. He has more experience and from what I read a lot of passion in what he's doing.

You're wondering if it is worth it to fly to Australia for 150-200 grafts? Is that a missprint? It is not even worth it to get any kind of hair transplant anywhere for 150 to 200 grafts.

Dude, what's up with all of the sarcastic comments on this site? No, that wasn't a "misprint"! And although I appreciate the effort, please don't comment on what you think is or is not "worth it" for me. This means a lot to me, enough that I'm willing to spend a ton of money which I really don't have at the moment. Whether I should or should not perform this operation is clearly none of your business, man.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to do much more research.

As a direct result of my "research", I was led to Dr. Woods. I was (and still am) interested in learning about his work. So thank you for suggesting Dr "Feller", but I think I'll stick with Woods for now.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ataylor:
Ok, first of all a "legal disclaimer" is not worth the paper it is written on. So making that claim means very little.

Do you know if Dr. Feller makes you sign one?

Second, while Dr. Woods may have pioneered FUE, that was quite a few years ago and several doctors have caught up and potentially surpassed his abilities. There is nothing magical about FUE any more. Dr. Feller in New York is doing excellent FUE work now.

Taking into consideration some of the pictures I've see online, FUE does seem to be noting less than a "magical" procedure. As a matter of fact, I read a quote that Dr. Feller made which stated this: "The best FUE doctor I know is Dr. Campbell" - which is Dr. Woods Wife. While all others were in the midst of perfecting this technique, Dr. Woods had perfected it and was only getting better. He has more experience and from what I read a lot of passion in what he's doing.

I AM BASED IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA. Dr Campbell-Woods is not Dr Wood's wife but his sister. I have met Dr Campbell-Woods for a consultation and am currently considering an operation. You all should consider that doctors outside the US may be better than those in it.

You're wondering if it is worth it to fly to Australia for 150-200 grafts? Is that a missprint? It is not even worth it to get any kind of hair transplant anywhere for 150 to 200 grafts.

Dude, what's up with all of the sarcastic comments on this site? No, that wasn't a "misprint"! And although I appreciate the effort, please don't comment on what you think is or is not "worth it" for me. This means a lot to me, enough that I'm willing to spend a ton of money which I really don't have at the moment. Whether I should or should not perform this operation is clearly none of your business, man.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to do much more research.

As a direct result of my "research", I was led to Dr. Woods. I was (and still am) interested in learning about his work. So thank you for suggesting Dr "Feller", but I think I'll stick with Woods for now.

• Administrators

Ataylor,

Your wrote

I spent literally 11 1/2 hours straight reading up on this guy and could not find one negative comment.

Apparently you did not search or read posts on this forum that go back five years. If you did you would not have made this statement.

I suggest you use the "Find" feature on this forum and search for "Woods".

I agree with some of the previous posters who wrote that they think FUE is now being done as good or better in the US.

Dr. Woods tried to keep his technique a secret and then later decided to sell novice physicians an FUE workshop that cost over $100,000. This failed and physicians went around him by getting together and perfecting and sharing an even better FUE procedure - onward and upward.

Since that time, well over two years ago, physicians in the US began refining this simple technique and are now providing the best results in my opinion.

Dr. Harris just held an April workshop in Denver on FUE in which he demonstrated a three step blunt disection process that enables the physician to extract the follicle with much less transaction than previous FUE procedures. Dr. Bernstein and others have also been using this three step process.

However, these true leaders in FUE typically do not sell their FUE services on the forums and therefore are not talked about on the forums for FUE.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.