Dr Knudsen of Australia - 800 grafts

jojojo1

I had a small procedure done by Dr Knudsen in Sydney Australia.

I am pretty much a NW2 with some slight diffuse thinning with the hair i have left in the front, which is why i wanted to have some work done now before i lose more hair and unable to camouflage the HT.

I was on propecia for about 3 months before i had the HT.

I got 800 grafts done (FUT), which is very conservative considering i am NW2, but i did not want a very aggressive hairline. To get a very good low hairline required 1500 grafts, but me and Dr Knudsen knew it was not sensible to do so and being conservative was the best way to go.

We used 800 grafts to fill in only the temple areas and i and very happy with what Dr Knudsen was able to achieve with such a small amount of grafts. The hairline design was great and what i realisticaly wanted with only 800 grafts

Sorry i didnt get an exact count on the hairs, but the nurses told me i had a lot of 2's and 3's. But i think out of 800 grafts, the nurses said about 250 grafts of 2's and 3's each and possibly 300 grafts of 1's. I think its is pretty close to that but not 100% sure.

Alll the 2's and 3's were placed on the back of the temple and all the 1's were used on the hairline.

I am only one week post op and here are some photos. Sorry for the crappy photography. Will keep everyone posted.

9811009463_56D73F9F11149558E77CFBFBBE09CDE4.JPG.thumb 7871004753_1ED13789E6931DEA235E0CC1E19E9B52.JPG.thumb 7011034873_F1FDF979B941282DDF377F243C2E3C2D.JPG.thumb 6431021653_5D3B0A0BA6E8FE0A566E99F196EF5904.JPG.thumb 6111034873_CB446C4A3F1C875F26DD6D5925609C0F.JPG.thumb 5921021653_BD1848B7F5089378E6BB2D0E0852A5A1.JPG.thumb 5111040653_9BC616F0CFAED67AF89B50A0DDDD1676.JPG.thumb 5011034873_492950E3CC705B24C48774315B3F052A.JPG.thumb 4611009463_81F9B70E104D828DE31678A10C4B026B.JPG.thumb 4111040653_8806D36D75870CB9BAFFF00FCACEDC95.JPG.thumb 2011034873_86C4767067A6DA4423D1AEAA32EEDC72.JPG.thumb

During the procedure all the nurses (all 6 of them) were very helpful and friendly and kept me entertained all the time.

They were all very nice and helpful which must be mentioned.

I am one week post op and things are looking good. No bleeding, swelling or pain at all.

The scabs i think are starting to shed off and looks like the skins flakes in the recipient are are too. Dont know if thats normal.

The scar is healing up nicely too. I try looking at the scar and it seems like the scab on it is only pencil line thin. I am very happy. The donor scar, i was told, was about 10cm long and only 1 cm wide.

Which i healing up nicely and should be pencil line thin when it recovers.

Dr Knudsen is very professional and he dosnt talk bullshit. He told me what was realistic and what could be achieved and did not make false promises.

On the day of the procedure i was very nervous but when i sat there on the chair in the operating room i felt a bit better.

The whole experience was great and i felt very safe in the hands of Dr Knudsen and hes qualified staff (yes they were all qualified nurses).

Will keep everyone posted with results.

Jojo

jojojo1,

Thank you for taking the time to create your own post to share your experience and photo album.

I will be for one, following your case with great interest as I would like to learn more about Dr. Knudsen's work. Though it is difficult to tell from the pictures, it appears that the immediately postoperative pictures look like solid follicular unit hair transplantation.

I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

P.S. I have moved this thread to the "Hair Transplant Patient Phot Albums" forum.

jojojo1,

Dr. Knudsen is a really good friend of Dr. Shapiro's and I've known him for quite awhile myself. He's very genuine and caring. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as well. You are right, your photo quality is not the best. Hope you can keep us updated. Best wishes!

Hey Bill and Janna,

I will definitely keep everyone posted. I am very nervous as well as i hope it all turns out good with great growth, but i was told by the nurses who was cutting my graft that i will achieve great density as i have a lot of 2's and 3's, which i was told was a very high amount.

I have tried to upload better quality photos but i think the resolution was too high as the photos album only allows upto 500kb per picture, so i only have these photos i can upload.

I will try to take more photos later on in my progress on lower resolution.

Jojo

I have just uploaded my one week post op photo.

In this picture its much clearer and you can see the work of Dr Knudsen.

The scabs are started to come off as well as some of those dry flaky skin. Great signs of improvement since the day of the HT.

All the redness is gone and just a slight purple (ish) colour which i hope it disappears when the rest of the scabs come off.

I am really happy with the hairline design as for the amount of grafts used. I dont think the hairline is too aggressive, what do you guys think?

With my hair, one side has receded more than the other, so there is more grafts used on one side.

Jojo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

just added a pic of the donor site. 2 weeks post op.

It was so hard to take a good pic of it.

Dr Knudsen told me that he uses the Tricho closure (sorry if i didnt get the name of the technique right) using self dissolving stitches.

I think at 2 weeks the stitches are fully dissolved and i and happy with how thin the scar is.

I think there is a small amount of shock loss in the small area under the scar.

Its still has a bit of scab on it but it does not feel thick or lump or as if it has a ridge on it. Feels perfectly normal.

I also want to thank Bill and a few other guys on this site for some post op care tips.

Thanks

Jojo

Your going to have really great hair when this grows in; and, with your minimal loss (soon to be virtually nonexistent icon_smile.gif) and barely even tapping into your donor reserve your follicular future looks stable and bright, indeed.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Its been about 8-9 weeks now since surgery and have posted some photos to show some early results.

If you look really closely it looks like there is some small strands growing now over the past week or so and very exciting.

Everything has healed up nicely and the scar feels really good. No ridge or pain any more.

Thank you everyone who has helped me out through the tough times (esp Bill)

Cheers

Jojo

Guest josh - b

Hey jojo,

Glad to hear everything is going well.

The worst is over.

I live in sydney so i'm always keen to see a local docs work.

Good growing to u

Work looks good

How old are you by the way?

You should get some nice natural results

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I am back with some updates on 4.5 months

Firstly to answer MrJobi's question - i am 24.

Sorry for the late reply,been really busy lately.

So far i am happy with the work.

First picture shows a really fine scar remaining which is only a thin red line now.

Second pictures showthe right temple seperating the natural hair from the transplanted ones. Some good growth, but hoping for more density.

Third picture shows my new hairline from the transplanted hair. On this side the hair is quite thick and dense, but i am hoping more hair will grow and the area gets more dense than it is now.

Fourth picture of my 4.5 month upgrade shows my left side. The area is not as dense as the right side but hoping for more growth.

Will keep everyone with updates later on.

Cheers.