Hair cut Post-op

I posted this question last week, but did not get an answer. I'm trying to see when is the earliest one can get a hair cut post op. I'm 3 weeks post and ready for one :-). so all you veterans, how long did u wait ?

I posted this question last week, but did not get an answer. I'm trying to see when is the earliest one can get a hair cut post op. I'm 3 weeks post and ready for one :-). so all you veterans, how long did u wait ?

Yes, I'm with Jotronic. At day 10, the day I had my staples removed, I also had my hair cut, about a 2. Just ensure all the scabs are gone. Enjoy the growth.

Allen

htpn,

I waited until 4 weeks and had the sides cut down to a #4 and just a little off the top. I almost always get my hair cut every 2 weeks, so in keeping with that tradition I had my haircut 2 weeks later with a #3, and I'll have it cut again tomorrow with a #3. Now my question to you is how many weeks has it been since I had my HT. icon_biggrin.gif You didn't know there was math quizzes on this board?

Good luck.

Manko

As of today, I am at 8 days post-op. Almost all of my scabs have fallen off (YEAH!!) and I will have my stitches removed in 2 days. That same day, or the next day, I plan to get my first post-op haircut. I cannot wait, since I never wear my hair this long! I usually trim the sides and back down to a #2 and the top to a #4 or #5. I think in this case, considering the donor scar may still be visible, I will have my stylist cut the back to a #4 to start, and if it's not visible, maybe go down to a #3. But as for number of days out, that would put it at either 10 or 11 days.

Tedd

htpn,

I waited until 4 weeks and had the sides cut down to a #4 and just a little off the top. I almost always get my hair cut every 2 weeks, so in keeping with that tradition I had my haircut 2 weeks later with a #3, and I'll have it cut again tomorrow with a #3. Now my question to you is how many weeks has it been since I had my HT. icon_biggrin.gif You didn't know there was math quizzes on this board?

Good luck.

Manko

Eight weeks? Did I win?

icon_smile.gif

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Originally posted by Manko:

htpn,

I waited until 4 weeks and had the sides cut down to a #4 and just a little off the top. I almost always get my hair cut every 2 weeks, so in keeping with that tradition I had my haircut 2 weeks later with a #3, and I'll have it cut again tomorrow with a #3. Now my question to you is how many weeks has it been since I had my HT. [big Grin] You didn't know there was math quizzes on this board?

Good luck.

Manko

icon_smile.gif

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 2 weeks later...

The higher the blade #, the longer the cut. So, a #2 is very short... a #1 is very, very short! I don't know the exact length, but I would estimate that a #2 is probably 6 mm, and a #1 is probably about 3 mm. Hope that helps.