Decided for a HT

Hi All,

As most of us , I have seen in this forum, I have done some research on HT and met few of who have done HT in person.

I have got various feedback from everyone. To give a picture I am 27, having hair loss mostly in the crown region and very less in the front.

I like to do one at least 800 - 1000 grafts in my crown and surrounding region. Most of the ppl I met also agreed on this.

I am all set to do a HT in another month. I am also attaching some of my pics to give everyone an idea of where I am.

I have few questions to our fellow members who have already done HT.

* When HT is done on the crown ( pic attached) where there are still growing hairs won't it spoil the existing hair and the healthy hair roots adjacent to them..

* When the portion is shaved for HT won't that be misleading for the doctor to graft in at the same root where ther hair growth is there instead?

* As I am taking a week off and I am doing my HT on thursday/ friday the week befor , total of 10 days, will it be ok for healing and hiding my HT ? when can the pins be removed ? as I heard the donor cut will be pinned after the operation.

I want everyone's comment on this whihc will help a lot.

Regards,

Navraj.

P1010002_2.JPG.579eb258350272121ef125aebd84d97b.JPG

Hi All,

As most of us , I have seen in this forum, I have done some research on HT and met few of who have done HT in person.

I have got various feedback from everyone. To give a picture I am 27, having hair loss mostly in the crown region and very less in the front.

I like to do one at least 800 - 1000 grafts in my crown and surrounding region. Most of the ppl I met also agreed on this.

I am all set to do a HT in another month. I am also attaching some of my pics to give everyone an idea of where I am.

I have few questions to our fellow members who have already done HT.

* When HT is done on the crown ( pic attached) where there are still growing hairs won't it spoil the existing hair and the healthy hair roots adjacent to them..

* When the portion is shaved for HT won't that be misleading for the doctor to graft in at the same root where ther hair growth is there instead?

* As I am taking a week off and I am doing my HT on thursday/ friday the week befor , total of 10 days, will it be ok for healing and hiding my HT ? when can the pins be removed ? as I heard the donor cut will be pinned after the operation.

I want everyone's comment on this whihc will help a lot.

Regards,

Navraj.

Now I am attaching pic of my temple area. I am wondering what is the possibility of tweaking the temple area a little bit as it would be good for me to cover it in a single sitting. Please let me know your views.

P1020002_4.JPG.3c0162ccb7c724781dc0c166c56bb936.JPG

Guest wanthairs

ok navraj....

most importantly, who are you getting to do the transplant? Most of the Drs in UK are terrible.

Also you should be taking 5% minoxidil , finasteride and nizoral shampoo to stabilise your hairloss othrwise you are going to have to get repeated procedures....Transplants have to be planned for the a long term case

navraj,

Welcome to our community.

Firstly, your pictures posted are a bit blurry, so if you have any more clear pictures, this will help us. Also, taking some further away shots of your temple area might help clarity and give us a better overall picture. I'd also suggest posting pictures of your head from other angles so we can get an overall idea of your existing hair loss.

How long have you been losing your hair? Are you on finasteride/minoxodil to attempt to control your loss?

It is recommended that you try medication for at least 6 months to a year before considering a transplant, especially at younger ages.

Physician selection is KEY in ensuring you have a quality transplant. Be careful who you select. Don't select a physician out of convenience. Select one that can be researched and is known for positive consistency.

Read this thread:

How do I choose a hair transplant doctor?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...431091313#4431091313

Consider also reading these threads which I think will answer most of your questions:

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...071019713#5071019713

Help, I look worse than I did before surgery (SHOCKLOSS)

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...1094723&r=2421094723

When will I look "normal" after a hair transplant?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...911028023#7911028023

I hope this helps.

Bill

Dont go for a transplant.

Did your doctor tell you that you may lose more hair and have to keep going for more and more? Do not get on that treadmill.

You are in your 20s. Have you seen any good results, longterm basis, in cases similar to yours? I havent.

Jolly,

I disagree with your statement GENERALLY speaking. I'm 30 and had 3 HTs. I started when I was 27...

Specifically speaking, however, I wouldn't rule out HT, but it certainly should not be the first thing he does. I believe medication is the best best at this point to attempt to strengthen existing weakening hair.

Bill