I hate that you guys were right (2-3 months)

I thought I was going to be the exception and would keep all my newly transplanted hair.

Not.

I held onto them as good as I could, but it was not to be.

I forget who it was that described months 2-3 as the doldrums, but that just about sums it up for me. I don't really have anything to say other than to complain a little bit. I look probably slightly worse now than before my HT (with perhaps a very small amount of shock-loss).

I expected this, because I did a lot of research. But still, when it happens, it still sucks. I searched yesterday to see if I could find any "3 month updates" for inspiration....not much there!

I know, I know...."Hang in there" you will say.

I am.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Yea, I am almost two months, know what you mean! The best thing to do is try to take your mind off of it by keeping busy. Try working out a little, get that bloodflow going and kick in those endorphins icon_wink.gif

NoBuzz

Hey buddy....well, as they say "I told you so" icon_wink.gif. but we know what you are going through...take comfort...MANY people don't even start to regrow any hair by 3 months. My third surgery...there is still not a lot of activity happening and I'm 4.5 months post op. You can take comfort in that, however, it gives me little comfort if you know what I mean icon_wink.gif. But i'm confident things will take off for me and I'm confident they will take off for you.

Bill

Yeah, I am working out more now than before my HT. That's where I think about it the most.

The gym where I work out has an abundance of mirros and many of them are at angles which allow you full view of front, side, and back. That's how I noticed I looked a bit worse than before the HT.

Time.

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Middleson...

yeah, I completely understand. I'm finally getting to the stage where I'm starting to look pretty good from the front view - hairline view....but from the top, still pretty thin. But you will begin to notice slow improvements in your appearance in that over abundance of mirrors over time. Try not to let it get you down icon_wink.gif

Bill

Hey Middleson,

Hang in there, buddy. Yes...........I remember going through the same thing as you. If I remember right, you had crown work, correct? If you want to check out my blog I did have decent results by 4 1/2 months which isn't too far away from you.

You may want to look at Jotronic's website "hairtransplantmentor.com"...........he has pretty good monthly progress of most HT's........its' the one I followed that finally convinced me to take the plunge for HT #2.

Good luck, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Bill: now I remember, it was you who said months 2-3 were the doldrums. right you were/are.

spex: Thanks for the link. I guess I missed that thread...much appreciated.

hairbank: I am very encouraged by your progress at 4.5 months. Great weblog by the way. I'll check it out in more detail later. (i'm goofing off at work & gotta get back to it icon_wink.gif)

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

Middleson,

We must have done surgery within days of each other as I'm now a couple of weeks past three months. At this point I'm no better or worse off than before my surgery.

But as I've gotten older and more forgetful I seem to keep forgetting to be concerned about the hair transplant that I forgot I did.

Hopefully I'll just get a pleasant surprise when I start noticing my hair getting fuller looking.

So my recommendation is to become more forgetful and distracted. It works for me.

Best wishes for a bumper crop of new spring sprouts.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by HK500:

Middelson,

You are getting closer to your spurt with everyday going by, it's only a few short weeks away now.

I have a solution for the mirrors at the gym, instead of looking at your hair use them to check out the babes, incognito ... icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Middleson, as you know we are only a couple of days apart with our Hts. I'm lookin worse then before my Ht but am happy to be were i am cos i know whats coming, this is my second pass at this. hang in buddy it's all around the corner icon_smile.gif

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Actually the best position in the gym, if you're in the light workout phase (on the machines) rather than doing free weights, is toward the front. In my gym at least the machines are positioned slightly behind and to the side of tradmills, and there's no mirrors in front of the tradmills to let runners know who's looking.

Heh heh...

Hi there

No worries.Just think you are now growing hair instead of losing !!

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Middleson, I'm going through the same thing. (I'm 2 months post-op)) Even after reading and rereading all the posts about normal growth time I still find myself looking in the mirror more and more each day waiting to say "YES". I go through good days and bad days. Some days I look and think "not bad.....not bad at all" but most days it's like "Shit,... will it ever star growing?" Just hang in there. Better and hairer days ahead.