recipient area 11 days post op!

Hi guys..m now 11 days post op n the scabs r still thr but breakin apart n falling off sslloowwlyy..

what m concered now is whne the scabs falls off i see some grafts falling along with the scabs ie-some hairs r stuck to the grafts whne they fall off.is this normal??

i understand that the transplanted hairs r suppose to fall off anyways but do they fall off along with the scabs?? will the grafts grow back that fell along with the scabs??

also thr seems to b absolutely no hairs on the part whr the scabs r broken apart. will the hairs grow in these spaces when the hair starts to grow bak??

i would appreciate any help and advice u all can provide me with this..and thanxs in advance for the post..

thxs..

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Hi guys..m now 11 days post op n the scabs r still thr but breakin apart n falling off sslloowwlyy..

what m concered now is whne the scabs falls off i see some grafts falling along with the scabs ie-some hairs r stuck to the grafts whne they fall off.is this normal??

i understand that the transplanted hairs r suppose to fall off anyways but do they fall off along with the scabs?? will the grafts grow back that fell along with the scabs??

also thr seems to b absolutely no hairs on the part whr the scabs r broken apart. will the hairs grow in these spaces when the hair starts to grow bak??

i would appreciate any help and advice u all can provide me with this..and thanxs in advance for the post..

thxs..

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Don -

I had the same concerns when I had my HT two months ago. Everything is normal. The transplanted hairs will fall off with the scabs. Some of them will stay on your head.

I was most concerned about the space between the scabs because there were no hair there. It is all normal. When the scabs fall off the space will fill in with the hairs again. Nothing to worry about. Its all about the end result not how it looks now icon_wink.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Don,

Hairfree is correct.

I actually have been a slacker on my PMs, but will respond to you in the next couple days.

If you haven't already, you will want to start massaging your scalp in the shower with your fingertips (NOT YOUR NAILS) while using shampoo. Use gentle circular motions but do it for at least 10 minutes in the morning and take a second shower at night and do it 10 more minutes.

Don't pick at the scabs though...let them come off by working them as I suggested.

Bill

Ditto here

Most grafts fall out and many times surrounding hair does too. These will both grow back so it is common that you will look "balder" for a couple months but after a year, you will be totally "grown up"..

?It's hard because you generally look worse before you look better.. The waiting gme can be tough

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hy guys...

first of all..thxs for all for the advices..really appreciate it... had been really worried here b4 bt nw feel mch better...

@hairfree--thxs much...been followin ur pics for a while now..was a lot concerned abt the spaces between the scabs n the hairs fallin with the hairs bt m convincedd n feel much better..thnxs tonss.

@ fals..bro..its alrte dat u been busy with ur work..i totally understand..same time i hope u dnt mind me pushin n bombardin u with qs after qs..jst dat had been lot tensed abt the post op changes n care...will follow ur advice bro n will start rubbin the scabs while i shampoo...

@ mrjb-thxs for the notes...makes me feel tons better thn b4 since its all normall now...

really appreciate all ur help guys...thxs tonss will update my pic tomm in my album..

bros..me thinks we sud try n hve a get together whr we all can meet up n share thoughts in person..on an annual basis..like a meeting or sumthin....wt ya think??

thxs

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

I'm at 9 days post op and have a few questions about the grafted hairs. At about 2 days post op, 2 hairs fell out with the white skin with it and a little bit of blood oozed out, so I'm assuming those are lost for good and will not be growing back. Right now, at 10 days post op, I'd say 99% of the grafted hair is still there, with some dried up skin on the scalp that looks like dandruff. Most of the dried up skin are about to come off with majority of them no longer on the scalp and at middle of the hair or at the tip of the hair. I really don't mind it as I took a month off work to heal, but when should I expect these grafted hair to fall out?

I had a 2000 session with Dr. Keene BTW...

Hi Scoop

Not sure about the 2 hairs that fell out but when there is blood , that is not a good thing.. Regarding the other planting grafts falling out it's a crap shoot.. Usually by 3 weeks they should be gone, but for me many stayed after my 3rd procedure?? Have no idea why but they did when previously they fell out..

At the end of the day, you should wait until about 6 months and then you should see some results (maybe sooner).. If you expect that you wont drive yourself crazy

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!