Anyone here of benefits from combing the hair..

Anonymous

Does combing have any benefits? That it would help make the hair stronger..? Just a thought.. i always thought the less you touch your hair.. the less it would fall out, which brings me to how many times you guys shampoo your hair every week? Being that the less you touch (wash.. massage your hair when shampooing) the less that it would fall out.. unless its all genetic..

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Does combing have any benefits? That it would help make the hair stronger..? Just a thought.. i always thought the less you touch your hair.. the less it would fall out, which brings me to how many times you guys shampoo your hair every week? Being that the less you touch (wash.. massage your hair when shampooing) the less that it would fall out.. unless its all genetic..

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Sorry bud, it's all genetic. There are some factors like stress that can cause you to lose hair faster. But in the end, it all has to do with genetics.

Cheers,

danger

Anonymous,

I feel for you buddy. All your questions are along the lines of what I was asking at your age. Be real careful. Of course, you're luckier than I am because when I first started losing there was no readily available internet - thank you Al Gore. Don't fall for the crap, and from your posts I can tell that you're intelligent enough to know what the crap is. The only thing that is likely to regrow your hair is an HT, and unfortunately you're probably too young for an HT. Propecia has had incredible results in certain patients, but it does seem to slow loss in almost all patients.

Good luck.

Manko

thanks manko, as you can see from my posts, i've randomly been spewing out every question i can think of about hair loss, because i'm trying to learn as much as possible.. as soon as possible.. which brings me to this if anyone can answer.. should i avoid using conditioner all together? and just use shampoo? cause that's whatn i'm doing right now.. just baby shampoo..

better yet.. what do you guys use to wash your hair? and what conditioner if you do??

Thanks in advance..

It really doesn't matter. You can even get away with color treatment - in the end it's all genetics

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

ok, i know its all genetics, everyone on the board says its genetics, i just don't understand why it happens to me so early. My question is how should i take care of my hair to slow the progression of hair loss..

The only way to slow hairloss is meds (propecia, rogaine). Things like combing your hair/shampooing it have no real effect - so focus on the big stuff and forget things that don't matter.

Why does it happen so early? I've seen posts by people who were balding in their early teens - that's what I call early. By the way - how's your father's, and your granfathers' hair, you are likely to follow their pattern.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke