Pat's Visit to Leading Clinics in the San Francisco Bay Area

• Administrators

Recently I visited hair transplant clinics in the San Francisco Bay Area to observe their hair restoration surgeries, view their patient results and learn more about their philosophy, techniques and staff.

I focused on those clinics that I felt had the most promise of providing optimal state of the art hair transplant results. Based on my research and patient input over the years, I chose to visit Dr. Sheldon Kabaker in Oakland, Dr. Tom Rosanelli in San Francisco and Dr. Sara Wasserbauer in Walnut Creek.

Dr. Kabaker has extensive experience in both facial plastic surgery and hair transplantation and has been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for several years ( view his profile ). In addition to performing quality follicular unit grafting, he is unique in offering a hairline lowering procedure for women. Dr. Kabaker has performed over 200 of these hairline lowering procedures and is perhaps the foremost expert on this unique technique. To learn more about his hairline lowering procedure and the follicular unit grafting procedure I saw him perform during my visit, click here .

Dr. Tom Rosanelli has been performing hair transplantation exclusively for almost twenty years. He now performs follicular unit hair transplantation with a large and experienced staff who trim all grafts carefully under microscopes. To learn more about his clinic and view surgical highlights from my visit, click here .

Dr. Sara Wasserbauer is relatively new to hair transplantation. She did a one year fellowship with Matt Leavitt of Medical Hair Restoration (MHR) during 2004 to 2005. She has had her own private clinic in Walnut Creek for the past year and a half.

Despite an encouraging visit to her clinic, during which she demonstrated the use of state of the art techniques, she has chosen to withdraw from the process of being evaluated by this forum community for possible recommendation.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat,

Thanks for your report regarding hair transplant surgeons in Northern California. Kudos to you for always being on the lookout for quality physicians who may meet our high level of standards for recommendation and continually evaluating those who are currently recommended to ensure they are continuing to live up to them.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

Byehair,

You're right. She did work with Dr. Rassman for about a half year. My understanding is that she chose to set up her own practice in the Bay Area rather than continue as a New Hair Institute surgeon in the Bay Area.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

tam,

Dr. Rosanelli is being considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. See our high level of standards for recommendation here.

How was your experience with him? I encourage you to create a new thread to share your experience and hair transplant photos. You can also create a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

My experience was very good with him. Except for the obvious tightness of the donor area afterwards I didn't have any swelling or pain. I didn't think about taking pictures immediately following the surgery, but wish I did.

• 7 months later...

Welcome to the forum. I have to been to San Francisco its a beautiful city. Yes hair restoration is true as long as you research and become educated at it. I am having fun with the links, why did you put the link?? Is this your company??? Posters on this site are very educated just like travellers are when booking flights on line.

Anyways research research research and if you have any questions ask away.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yes its true with the right doctor and the right characteristics you can achieve a very good results. Research this forum and if you have any questions let us know. Be careful sites like this allow you to see which doctors are good and ethical and which are not, there are more bad doctors than good. One piece of advice distance nor price should influence your decision. Good luck keep us posted

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson