HT in NJ/NY, Dr True?

sceptical

I met with Dr. True for a consul and was really impressed. He is among my top 5.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Sceptical, I have had 3 procedures with Dr.True in new york, and I have to tell you, I have had a great result. Very happy with his work.I would realy highly recommend him. Check him out, go for a free consultation and you will be glad you did. Mack

I'm from NYC area, and I planned on going with Feller, because of high density, and FUE on top of it, which I think is the key for the younger guys.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

• 1 month later...

I had 1500 FU grafts (800 in front and 700 in crown/vertex) transplanted with Dr. True in June 2003 and five months out I am happy with the results to date. I was progressing toward a Norwood 5A with thin coverage over the whole top of my head (non-uniform 20%-40% my teenage density) and the right-side of my front hair line was super-thin. Since I have dark brown hair and a somewhat fair complexion, I had A LOT of see-thru under good lighting. My donor density was below average, but I have the positive qualities of coarse and wavy hair. Dr. True is a skilled doctor who took the time to answer my MANY technical questions -- all to my satisfaction. My procedure took a little under 9.5 hours and resulted in hardly any pain. I do like their computerized-wand anesthesia injection system. I took one day off from work and worked from home / remotely for another week. I went to a wedding 8 days after my surgery and with a little help from DermMatch and Toppix to cover the lingering scabs and redness, NO ONE NOTICED A THING. Even more so, I went to a party after the wedding reception with a whole different circle of friends and they didn't notice either. I WAS STOKED! I had my typically short hair-cut at the time (about 3/4 inch) and even the shaved donor area and sutures were unnoticable (dark brown sutures to match my hair). I did get considerable swelling from about day 2 to day 4 post-op. Although I slept with my head elevated and tried to ice twice an hour, I may have slid down too far one night and waited too long between some ice applications. Since then, I've let my hair grow longer than in recent years and I'm still using Toppix, but my (5 months post-op) hair looks like a good thick head of locks. Dr. True does not dense pack hair and hence I don't expect to have "teen" thick hair after one procedure without any camo. He told me up front a second procedure would be needed to improve density. From everything I've read, this is the standard for hair transplants. Although I've seen some impressive high-density pics, I personally would prefer a non-high density transplant to ease the trauma on all my existing hair. For the first 3-4 months, all you got is your existing hair and you don't want to over-traumatize it into excessive shock. Getting a hair transplant is a serious decision and one of the best things you can do to become informed is to read all the forums here on applicable topics, read published hair restoration papers, and look at before/after results for a given number of FU grafts. You will have to weed out some of the hype, but doing this research will help you develop a balanced, realistic set of expectations. Overall, it has been a positive experience for me with Dr. True so far. I do not have any regrets at this point. I've gotten considerable positive remarks and inquiries about my hair over the last 6 weeks, but no one knows the real deal except one close friend who I decided to tell. I wish you the best in your hair improvement efforts.

GratefulHead

[This message was edited by GratefulHead on November 10, 2003 at 06:24 PM.]

• 2 weeks later...

I am 4 months post op with Dr. Feller. Both him and his staff perfomed a great job on me. 2100 grafts were placed in the front and top of my head. My growth to date has been exceptional, and my scar healed perfectly. Make an appointment and ask your questions. Dr. Feller is a good guy who really cares about his work.