im only 21 and noticing baldness in frontal area

im only 21 experiencing male pattern baldness in the front area and seriously affecting my confidence.. and im really scared... im honestly considering getting a hair transplant... perhaps from Bosley Medical?? what do u guys recommend... please help!

im only 21 experiencing male pattern baldness in the front area and seriously affecting my confidence.. and im really scared... im honestly considering getting a hair transplant... perhaps from Bosley Medical?? what do u guys recommend... please help!

Hi Victor,

You're not alone in feeling scared and somewhat overwhelmed. I started loosing my hair at the age of 19 years and the experience was crushing at the time. I've put together some photos of my history in the Post Your Own Photos section. Maybe it would help to know that you're not alone. As far as deciding on a HT, I would begin by doing a search on Bosely. You'll find most, if not all of the posts very negative. Most importantly in my opinion, if you decide on a transplant, choose someone with a vison of how you will look as you age. The last thing that you want is to be "front loaded" now and looking unnatural in your later years. Good Luck.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

go to your dermatologist and get on propecia. Stay away from anyone willing to do any surgery on you, you are TOO YOUNG, and don't know whats going to happen over the next 5-10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See what meds can do and bide your time, bar none, no ifs, ands, or buts!

so will this help regrow my hair... all i have is a receding hairline and i think thats all, its a class 2 or whatever its called so i am lucky in that aspect... and is propecia a prescription medication?

victor:

Propecia is only available as a prescription.

Go to www.propecia.com for more info.

"In clinical trials in men aged 18 to 41 with mild to moderate hair loss at the top of the head, 83% of men maintained their hair (based on hair count) vs 28% taking a placebo????°?†a pill with no medication. Further, an expert panel rated 66% of men as having regrowth, vs only 7% of men taking a placebo. An assessment by the doctors in the study rated 80% of men as improved, vs 47% of men taking a placebo."

Propecia mainly lets you keep the hair you have. It is a DHT blocker. DHT is one factor in hair loss when coupled with your genetics.

Hope this helps.

vocor1

I wish someone would have told me to do the following things when I was 23, when I started receding from the front (I'm 31 now):

1. Start taking Propecia.

2. Slap on a bit of Emu Oil before bedtime, and rub it into your scalp/hairline in particular.

The fatty tissue underlying your scalp is beginning to disappear thanks to age and being male. Females don't lose any of this fatty layer, and it's held by some to be one of the contributing factors towards Male Pattern Baldness. Emu Oil has been shown to significantly restore this fatty layer beneath your scalp, and to actually increase the width of your hair follicles in the process.

Ever hear of the now-deceased actor Anthony Perkins?

According to an interview I once read several years ago, in Playboy magazine, given by actor Christopher Walken, Anthony Perkins shared the following advice with him when he expressed his concern about his receding hairline: (to paraphrase) "...that the reason that men go bald is because after a certain age they lose the layer of lanolin beneath the scalp which women always retain, making it get tighter and consequently constricting the blood flow required - at that level - to feed the follicles in perpetuity... That if you grab a really good fistful of your hair, from all topside areas, and really yank it in all directions for a couple minutes every day, that that will keep the scalp nice and loose, and your hair won't fall out."

Christopher Walken then went on to say that Perkins said that ever since he started doing that, he never looked back. Walken then went on to say that that's exactly what he's been doing every day of his life since then as well ??“ and look at him now!

I, myself, don't have the inclination to do this to myself EVERY DAY, so it makes sense to me that Emu oil is actually a means to the same end!

If you want to know an excellent source of knowledge on all the ways in which your hair can benefit, spend 15 bucks and buy/download this book, ??Alternative Treatments for Hair Loss', available at http://thinningscalp.com/. You'll find links to 89 natural treatments, supplements, and remedies (with no half-arsed science behind them either ??“ yet another thing I wish I was told about when I was 23). Don't worry about the "89" bit, either, just read it and you'll learn a hell of a lot about some of the more beneficial vitamins, shampoos, and DHT cleaners that are available out there at grocery store prices already. 3 or 4 of the products listed within have proven useful enough for many alone.

Hope this helps...

HarryLemon