Texas Doctors?? Dallas??

Jay_TX

I am a 23yo who has made up my mind that I gotta do something and this seems to be the best way to go. Anybody know any good doctor's?? Through the research I have found, Dr. Limmer in San Antonio seems to be a really good choice. The only problem is I am in Dallas and the consultation would be on the phone using pictures I email him. This bothers me as I would rather him be able to look at my head physically. Any thoughts on if this would be a bad idea or okay to do?? I am limited on time out of Dallas due to the work I do and could not leave for both a consultation and the surgery.

I am a 23yo who has made up my mind that I gotta do something and this seems to be the best way to go. Anybody know any good doctor's?? Through the research I have found, Dr. Limmer in San Antonio seems to be a really good choice. The only problem is I am in Dallas and the consultation would be on the phone using pictures I email him. This bothers me as I would rather him be able to look at my head physically. Any thoughts on if this would be a bad idea or okay to do?? I am limited on time out of Dallas due to the work I do and could not leave for both a consultation and the surgery.

Do you realize that a transplant will cause scabs and redness, and that a lot of guys will take 2 weeks off from work, in order to hide out and recuperate?

I totally agree that having the doc look at your head is the way to go. Read up about transplants before you go to a consultation, so you can ask smart, specific questions. Realize that there are only a small handfull of docs doing consistently great work, and it's likely that you might need to travel to see somebody good. There's probably not one conveneintly located, unless by coincidence you are lucky. Just like you would be willing to travel to see a great heart transplant surgeon, you should be willing to travel for a hair transplant... the doctors who are worth picking are few and far between.

Watch out for Dr. Puig in Dallas and Austin, he lacks ethics and he lacks artistic ability.

• Administrators

Arfy, Today if a patient goes to a surgeon using ultra refined tiny incisions and grafts their healing will be much more rapid than 2 weeks. Two weeks is more like it for plugs or mini micro grafting, not todays ultra refined work.

A procedure that would require two weeks recovery in the recipient area is simply not state of the art.

All members of the Coalition preform ultra refined state of the art work. To learn about them visit http://www.HairRestorationNetwork.com

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.