SHOTS BEFORE PROCEDURE

They suck but in the whole scheme of things there is worse things. I have a pretty high pain tolerance so it really wasn't that bad. Personally I believe the dental shots are worse.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Arizona,

NN is correct. The shots are a little painful - but it could be worse.

I recommend however, taking some time and researching hair transplantation in our community to learn about the benefits, risks, and limitations to hair transplant surgery.

See also: How Much Pain Will I Feel During Hair Transplant Surgery?

Be sure to use our other resources such as theHair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Best wishes,

Bill

Just keep focusing on the new hair that will be sitting on your head when it's done and the pain will go away!

Seriously, I didn't think they hurt that bad at all. I truely enjoyed the whole experience and would have like to have seen it "from above".

I"m still considering a 3rd HT and, if I go, I think I'll try to go in a day early to watch a procedure or two if they'll let me icon_razz.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Nobuzz,

A vibrator?? Where exactly are these clinics? I'm staying away from those ones. It certainly would be somewhat distracting however. icon_biggrin.gif

Kidding--I know what you are actually talking about.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I was shocked how little they hurt. The technicians did an awsome job. 10 years ago I had it done with Dr.Hitzig. He did the shots himself and they hurt like hell. He rushed through them like most doctors do. Much better to have the tech do them.

To answer your question if done properly they feel like a very small pinch. Nothing bad at all.

Hey 99, the shots are a cinch. If the person administering the injections knows what he/she is doing it will be a snap. The first one will sting just a little but if they are administered slowly, the area will deaden and the rest are painless. I will be going back to Dr. Brad Limmer in March '08 for 1500 more grafs (crown). I am currently 4 months 12 days post op and the results are already remarkable, my frontal looks great, I can just imagine what it will look like in another 4. Good luck. Slowly

Unfortunate for me i metabolized the medication rather quickly, needing several follow up shots throughout my procedure. I had to actually let them know when I was starting to feel the procedure.

Even with that, it was not bad. As mentioned above, like seeing the dentist. You will be fine. Don't forget to bring along some music and enjoy the ride.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Originally posted by Here I Grow Again:

Unfortunate for me i metabolized the medication rather quickly, needing several follow up shots throughout my procedure. I had to actually let them know when I was starting to feel the procedure.

Even with that, it was not bad. As mentioned above, like seeing the dentist. You will be fine. Don't forget to bring along some music and enjoy the ride.

HIGA,

I had the same issue and had to be redone during the day, but they went ahead and re-shot before any more wore off. Also, my donor was re-shot right before I went home. I never had much donor discomfort, glad they did it.

I will only add that any comparison to "like going to the dentist" is for the shots only and the whole procedure is not comparable.

I only say that because some of the chain mills use this hook to explain how easy having a HT is, and that many are back to work the next day. We all know this is not true.

NoBuzz

Yeah some folks just process the medication faster.

You are right, good point about the dentist comparison. I was thinking along the lines of the same pinching feeling you get from a dentist's shot but the procedure is much more than a dental visit. I took 4 days off before going to work and barely got over the swelling walking into my office. Then had a co-worker tell me I looked like s***t. Next time I'll be sure to take 2 weeks off minimum.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Originally posted by arizona99:

I have made up my mind to proceed but the thought of getting shots in my head scares the hell out of me. How bad is it? Am I nervous about nothing. I would love to hear from you.

I couldnt believe it, even the shots are almost painless these days. I remember years past long needles that only rarely made me wince in pain, but now?

Wont even feel a thing

Also, there is never a shortage of pain medication, so speak up if you ever feel anything.