Creating a Website and linking to it in your posts - Step by Step Instructions

• Administrators

In addtion to creating your very own social profile, blogs, and photo albums on this community, patients can create a Hair Loss Website to document and share their hair restoration experiences. This website can be featured and linked to your social profile page. Note - the login access email and password for the hair restoration websites are separate from the login used for the forum and profiles.

This community's Hair Loss Websites make it easy to publish your own website documenting your hair restoration experience with photos. Once you have registered you can login at any time to update it, edit your information or deactivate it.

You can also edit your forum profile so that a link to your weblog will be automatically displayed in all your posts.

Creating Your Hair Loss Website

Step 1) Register - Visit www.hairlossweblogs.com and click on Sign up and create your own hair loss website. You will then register by creating a name and password for your site. A confirmation message containing your login ID and password will then be emailed to you. Click on the link in the message to activate your free website account.

Step 2) Create your Website - Login to create your hair loss website. You will be prompted to provide a photo of yourself and information to create your profile. After this you answer a few questions to provide details about your hair restoration experience. You can then update your Journal with new photos and comments over time.

Embedding Links to your Website on your Social Profile

If you are a registered members of our new mobile friendly discussion forum and social community you can link your hair loss website to your forum profile by following the below simple steps.

Step 1) Open another browser window and make sure you are logged on to this forum, while keeping this page up as a step by step reference. If you are not yet a registered forum member we encourage you to sign up.  Click “sign up” at the top of the page on a computer or mobile device to join and then follow the instructions once you are registered.

Step 2) Click on your forum name at the top of the screen and then click “account settings”.  Then click “edit profile” and scroll down to the “hair loss story” heading.  

Step 3) Go to the "Url of your Patient Hair Loss Website" category.

Copy your Website's URL address and then paste the code into the text field provided. When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save”. 

You're finished!

Embedding Links to Your Patient Website in your Forum Signature

If you are a registered members of our new mobile friendly discussion forum and aocial community you can embed a link to your hair loss website into your forum signature so that it appears every time you post. Follow the simple steps below:

Step 1) Open another browser window and make sure you are logged on to this forum, while keeping this page up as a step by step reference. If you are not yet a registered forum member we encourage you to sign up.  Click “sign up” at the top of you computer screen or mobile device and then follow the instructions once you are registered.

Step 2) Click on  your name at the top of the screen on a computer or click the grid menu on a mobile device and then click your name.  Then click “account settings”.  Click on “settings area” and then choose “signature” 

Step 3) Add Your Signature in the text area field provided.

Copy your Website's URL address. Then, in the text area field provided, type "My Hair Loss Website". Next, highlight the text by clicking and dragging your mouse over the text.

Then, click the link icon (looks like a globe with a chain link running through it) on the toolbar, paste the link into the text field provided and then click "ok".

When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save”. 

Note: In order to discourage the commercialization of our forum no links to outside websites are permitted in posts or signatures unless you’ve been given expressed permission by one of our moderators.  However, links to any pages on the Hair Transplant Network.com, the Hair Loss Learning Center.org, Hair Restoration Network.com, Regrow Hair.com or the Hair Loss Weblogs.com (including physician profile pages) are permitted.

Stef 4) You are finished!

Within several seconds the server will accept these changes and the links to your website will be added automatically to all your past and future posts.

If you have any questions or ideas for making our Website better please post them below.

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice by authoring a Hair Loss Website.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 year later...

Mp96,

The reason why you don't have access to your blog is because you have not activated it by following the instructions that was sent to your email address. Please refer to the original email you were sent at the time of registration and follow the instructions.

If you cannot find the original email, please contact me.

I have also sent you an email on this matter and copied our webmaster to see if there is a way that I can automatically activate the blog or at least resend the activation request.

Thanks,

Bill

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

ITGuy,

I assume you posted this prior to sending me a private message. However, since we've been talking, I've collected and sent our webmaster Hans all of your information to troubleshoot the problem.

I trust we'll be able to get this issue resolved for you. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

bhim,

In the forum, click on "Your Info". Then click "Edit Signature" on the left. You can then add your link and save your new signature. Hope this helps. If you need more direction, feel free to PM me.

All the best,

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 6 years later...

AngleD,

The best place to document your progress is by creating a patient website. If you haven't created an account there, just click the link and fill out the fields. You can select your doctor, share your story, add pictures and video. You can even rate your doctor :-). You can then share the link on this forum by creating a new topic. You can follow the instructions for creating a website and posting a link to your website in your forum signature by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 7 months later...