BBC Watchdog report- Advanced Hair Studio Laser therapy

Dr. Feller,

I appreciate your initiative and efforts to further educate this community regarding the laser. Please keep us posted how your conversation with Dr. Bauman goes. If you and he are willing, we'd love to see a public "friendly" debate point by point to see where the discussion ends up. Obviously, the more information people have, the more people can make logical and informed decisions. Please keep us posted.

Bill

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also must state that the consultant wanted me to meet up with prospective clients and lie to them telling them that I was receding more than I was and to tell prospective clients that I had regrown all my hair on their treatments. (obviously I refused).

There's a surprise. The sad realities of marketing "miracle cure" products.

Bill

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and o the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Chris Atrill our Client Relations Officer, 14 Sandilands Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 or Phone: (03) 9696 4044 Fax: (03) 9696 5815, or Email:clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au. He is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in Australia and New Zealand and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

So I take it there will be at least a thousand ( 1 in 10 ) that are willing to verify the great results you have provided to them.

I am still waiting For DR. Feller to rip Baumann and thats here not there.

As far as I know the only shaft thickness you might gain is your own.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

AHSCR,

The beauty of free speech is that a public forum like this can exist where people can lodge legitimate complaints and have people listen to their real experiences. Even if you make "ammends" and give a customer/patient their money back, that doesn't change the reality that they wasted their time and energy on something that didn't work for them. Of course, your offer to at least provide that...is generous.

The sad reality is, many clinics so to speak over-promise and under-deliver. What's worse is...these places will willingly take a person's money knowing full well that the patient won't receive the result they expect.

May I suggest that, if you do NOT do this, that you educate patients BEFORE you take them on about what they can really expect from your provided treatment. Don't hype expectations and provide very little.

Additionally, if what parable said is correct, considering at best, laser does no more than finasteride (if anything at all), spending $7500 in treatment is obsurd...obviously, extremely over-priced.

There is a lot of question to date as to whether laser therapy really works AT ALL. Whereas I know very little about your clinic specifically, I have strong reservations about ANY clinic promoting laser therapy as a means to restore hair at this point.

My comments are based on my research and experience to date. I have no personal agenda against AHS nor do the "competitors" that have posted on this thread.

BUT, I do sincerely hope that any patient who has a complaint will file it with AHS in order to get a refund since it was offered. I'd also like those patients to post back here to let us know if they received their refund or not.

Bill

we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic;;

your promises are too high and unrealistic and preying on people who are suffering from low esteem due to their baldness.

Which is worse?

Hi

I don't think the watchdog assosciation is an ex employee or competitor.. Listen to the educated people.. Laser therapy is a sham, & does not work

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Chris, I would like to think that I will try my best to resolve any issues, I have asked the head office to look again at your case and i will be in touch: On a happier note: I would like to post a lovely e-mail received from a new client in Stockholm:

(My Name is Frederick ********, I am from the USA and was referred to Advanced Hair Studio by your affiliate in San Francisco, Hair Club For Men. I am a brand new Patient and received and had my new hair system applied only TODAY! I just want to take a moment and comment on your employee, Lotta, in your Stockholm office. She could tell I was very nervous and she made the process so smooth and effortless adding perfectly to her hair talents and personal touch. She made this delicate transition a very positive experience and I thank her and Anders for their coupled support and constant patience.....Hooray Advanced Stockholm).

I took the opportunity to e-mail this client back and asked was it ok to leave his comments on certain websites, to which he agreed happily.

This as I have advised is only one in a very long line of happy customers that I have spoken to.

Regards

Maeve Duhy (Client Relations Manager Advanced Hair) maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com

Originally posted by ukdrummajor:
Originally posted by MD1:

Grav15

My name is Maeve Duhy Client Relations Manager Advanced Hair Studio - Contact 02920 227 285 or maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com.

Advanced Hair Studio refunded you sometime ago, why are you persistantly placing notices over all types of Websites? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR? People reading this should realise that this site is manipulated by AHS competitors in an attempt to tarnish AHS'S repuutation and aquire a lead by dubious means. Again, I would like to advise that AHS has thousands upon thousands of happy clients, but many jealous competitors that have been hurt by Advanced Hair Studio regarding there intellectual property rights, but if you are an legitimate complaint than please contact me on the contact details that I have provided above. I am able to resolve any complaint or problems that you may have, even if it means discussing a refund.

Maeve Duhy (Client relations manager AHS)

Hi Mauve.

My name is Chris, and i have recently been in touch with you regarding a complaint about being mis-sold laser from your Companys Manchester office. Whilst the salesman originally offered me 50% refund after receiving my first letter of complaint, this was followed up by a letter from yourself saying no refund would be given. Whilst you yourself may not mis-represent the facts to your clients others definately do just so they can get their commission. They even wrote "bald as a coot" on the top of the notes accompanying my medical questionnaire! As AHS will be aware i started legal proceedings thru the small claims court today as despite numerous requests for a refund and/or peer reviewed evidence nothing has materialised.

I must state to all posters though that on speaking to Maeve she has always been courteous and promptly replies to letters.

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

I rarely post these days but this got my attention.

It is important that everyone realizes that Advanced hair is nothing but an elaborate fraud. I made a big mistake and went to their Sydney office, spent $6000 and gained nothing but a few bottles of free minoxidil.

To prove how successful the treatment has been they take photos of your scalp using a camera with some sort of magnifying glass on it so that you can see your roots up close.

On your initial consultation they do this and then they do it again 6 months down the track.

Only problem is they take the second round of images from a different part of your scalp - with more hair - hoping you will not notice.

After the imminent failure of the lazer approach, I was offered to buy a wig, the same that the sales guy "Shane" used. Thats all they want you to do - buy a rug. And its just not any rug, its an expensive and very obvious rug. Their rugs also needs monthly maintenace that comes at a ridicoulus price. Its much cheaper and efficient to FUE your whole head with body hair in the long run.

They call this "strand by strand" in a pathetic effort to make you believe they actually replace your hair, strand by strand. Its just like real hair they say - only difference is it does not grow.

They have their walls covered in photos from people who have been given the lazer treatment.

The before photos are wet and slicked back.

The after photos are blowdried and combed forward.

If anyone of you are as stupid as I was and believe in this "Advanced hair Fraud" then save yourself some money and go buy a lazercomb.

Its just as useless but at least its cheaper at just a few hundred bux.

Advanced Hair is a FRAUD.

Nothig more - nothing less.

The fact that they are actually crawling around these forums trying to gain some sort of legitimacy makes me sick.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

Lets build a website with photos to document this fraud and hopefully put them out of business.

"As AHS will be aware i started legal proceedings thru the small claims court today as despite numerous requests for a refund and/or peer reviewed evidence nothing has materialised."

I tried getting a refund to.

Forget it.

They are snakes.

It's funny how the only one's posting about refunds ACTUALLY HAPPENING are from AHS themselves.

Besides...let's look at reality here for a minute. Though I'd LIKE to see everyone that was promised the world but received nothing from AHS get refunds, the fact that AHS is offering refunds is just another way of admitting guilt. Either that or it's a tactic to try to stifle people from sharing their bad experiences to deter future business.

News flash to AHS: If you are that concerned about avoiding bad publicity...then perhaps you should give perspective patients realistic expectations from the start. "Realistic" here may be no expectations of growth, in which case, I think patients that spend the money and see no results should be entitled to a refund as part of the initial contract.

Bill

""Realistic" here may be no expectations of growth, in which case, I think patients that spend the money and see no results should be entitled to a refund as part of the initial contract."

-I agree.

They told me "You will definately get your hair back, just start the lazer now before its too late"

Being young and stupid I fell for it.

AHS - How about you give me my money back?

MD1

Answer this simple question:

How does laser light, which is "line of site", pass through existing hair?

Furthermore, how does your "equipment" account for the massive variability in skin color, texture, and thickness?

Instead of doing your standard "softshoe" dance of claiming how you are supposedly refunding patients, why don't you answer this very substantive and direct question?

*Tell us how your magical laser light show re-animates dead or dying cellular material.* It's a simple question isn't it? But you haven't answered yet.

I can go into ridiculous detail as to how hair transplantation works ??“and even do so on a daily basis. Where is YOUR explanation?

I'm not holding you to any standard I don't hold myself up to, so come on, let's have your explanation. Every viewer of this thread is waiting for a logical answer-your credibility and that of your company is on the line here so don't you think you should answer?

I'm not holding you to any standard I don't hold myself up to, so come on, let's have your explanation. Every viewer of this thread is waiting for a logical answer-your credibility and that of your company is on the line here so don't you think you should answer?

And the congregation said...

Amen! icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

On a happier note: I would like to post a lovely e-mail received from a new client in Stockholm:

(I am a brand new Patient and received and had my new hair system applied only TODAY!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems that MD1 is posting an email reply regarding a Hair Club "system" and not even addressing the "magic" laser. I'm not shocked that MD1 is not responding to Dr. Feller.

MD1, please enlighten us with some facts as to how your laser actually works. Feel free to use technical terms, & I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing documented proof/pictures.

Laser therapy is a joke in my mind regardelss of if it's a hand held one or an office

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Rhodeman,

You are 100% correct. I told you that group was a bunch of real silky smoothies. He used a technique known as "distraction" to respond to the thread without actually anwering. Confidence men use this method regularly.

As far as I'm concerned, based on their silence, they are busted. I see a class action lawsuit coming for them and the manufacturer of their magic laser beams.

I still have not had a chance to contact Dr. Bauman who is the only reputable doctor I know who advocates this "laser therapy". Once I do I will share it with this site. Should be interesting.

Dr. Feller

Dr. Feller,

Thank you for attempting to get to the heart of the matter. We'll see if MD1 actually takes the time to respond to your questions. My guess is...probably not.

I DO look forward to hearing/reading the discussion you and Dr. Bauman have regarding laser therapy. I'm sure it will be educational as you are both reputable physicians.

Bill

Just for kicks, I went to Advanced Hair Studio's website.

What they claim........"Advanced Laser Therapy is the powerful combination of three programs: the latest laser beam technology, an FDA-approved regrowth pharmaceutical*, and a proven scalp and follicle treatment program. Visible benefits can occur very quickly - often in as little as three months.

And the results are exceptional: university trials# show Advanced Laser Therapy regrew hair in 72% of cases, with a 100% satisfaction in hair growth*."

What the # and * reference when you click on them.......

".... * Self evaluation based on double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, parallel designed trial.

# Results achived from Minoxidil. Requires continuous use.

Please note that the ASA wishes Advanced Hair Studio to make it clear to prospective clients that in their opinion the only proven element of the Advanced Laser Therapy?® program is Minoxidil. Although Advanced Hair Studio does not agree with this adjudication it is happy to comply. "

So basically, what this says to me, is that Advanced Hair Studio is making the claim of 100% satisfaction in hair growth based upon "self-evaluation" [sort of like admiring yourself in a mirror], & they note that the Advanced laser THERAPY regrew hair in 72% of cases based upon the use of Minoxidil [not the Laser]. They also state that the ONLY proven element of the THERAPY program is the Minoxidil.

MD1, if your Laser actually provides regrowth or some OTHER benefit to hair, perhaps you can inform us as to why your company has the disclaimer.

I'm guessing that the "University trials" that are referenced are the ones performed for the Minoxidil by it's manufacturer.

Parable.

Long tinme no speak old friend.

Yes lets get these fraudsters.

I know more people who were robbed by them.

I even met their poster boy Mark Geyer who looks much balder in real life.

If you have already started a website I am very interested in joining.

Lets get heaps of people documenting thier experience as it happened to them.

I know how to make the site the first one (or one of the first) displayed when you type in "advanced hair studios" in Google.

This would have a dramatic effect on their business as there is no website like this at the moment.

Let me know if there is anything you need.