BBC Watchdog report- Advanced Hair Studio Laser therapy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Well, the promoters of laser hair therapy forgot to publicize this news story about the hype not being supported by the results over in the UK. Nice find GRAV15.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I dont care what the FDA says.. This thing is a glorified massage wand

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I will concede that perhaps laser therapy offers a small benefit--- However, to promote this as a cure or a method of combating baldness is preying on the insecurities of fellow sufferers.

Congrats to the FDA and those who will profit from our pain.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, my names Maeve - I work with Advanced Hair Studio (Client Relations Manager) - for some reason grav15 has very bad feelings towards Advanced Hair Studio, as I have advised, any client who indeed has any complaint regards any treatment or service that they may have had at any of the Advanced Hair Studios, can contact me direct: Advanced Hair Studio has thousands of happy clients throughout the world, thats not to say that we do not have clients who are unhappy, that would be a lie, what I would advise any one who is considering hair loss treatment is speak to your consultant and get as much information as possible. Advanced Hair Studio offers non-surgical treatment, all our consultations are FREE: all clients / consultations are shown Videos of treatment that Advanced Hair Studio provides. Advanced Hair Studio does not mis-lead in any way. Should anyone wish to contact the client relations department of Advanced Hair Studio - please call 02920 227 285 or e-mail: maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com.

Regards

Maeve

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

Hi Maeve

If the video I saw was about Advanced Hair studio's I would beg to differ but we certainly appeciate your information.. If i was a customer and an unhappy poster on here, I would hope they would call me ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Grav15

My name is Maeve Duhy Client Relations Manager Advanced Hair Studio - Contact 02920 227 285 or maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com.

Advanced Hair Studio refunded you sometime ago, why are you persistantly placing notices over all types of Websites? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR? People reading this should realise that this site is manipulated by AHS competitors in an attempt to tarnish AHS'S repuutation and aquire a lead by dubious means. Again, I would like to advise that AHS has thousands upon thousands of happy clients, but many jealous competitors that have been hurt by Advanced Hair Studio regarding there intellectual property rights, but if you are an legitimate complaint than please contact me on the contact details that I have provided above. I am able to resolve any complaint or problems that you may have, even if it means discussing a refund.

Maeve Duhy (Client relations manager AHS)

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

Originally posted by MD1:

My name is Maeve Duhy Client Relations Manager Advanced Hair Studio

I am able to resolve any complaint or problems that you may have, even if it means discussing a refund.

Maeve, my guess is you have a lot unhappy clients who have paid alot of money for laser therapy with no results. You must be a very busy man.

NoBuzz

It is truly unfortunate that there are companies out there who take advantage of the public's ignorance about basic physiology and laser physics. This company takes the prize.

I have been vocal against so-called "laser treatments" for hairloss because it simply doesn't make any sense. If it were that easy to repair dead or dying follicular cells, then it would work on kidney or heart cells. But it doesn't of course.

The scheme this company uses is a bit more sophistocated than the average confidence ploy through their creation of the mystical "trifecta" of laser, herbs, and minoxidil- but in the end is still disingenuous to say the least.

The interview that doctor gave could be used as an instructional video for a "confidence man" course. He's about as slick and bold as they come, but he may soon find out that the "this things happen" defense will not keep him out of trouble.

Claiming you have "thousands of happy patients" does not mean you have produced thousands of cosmetically significant results. My guess is that the company simply classifies anybody who doesn't demand there money back as "happy". I'd be interested to know what surveying method they used to come up with their "thousands of happy patients claim" Oh wait a moment, that information is classified.

Of course I know a reprentative of the company will read my comments and I of course welcome a public debate at any time if they can publically claim that anything I've written about laser therapy is inaccurate. Bring it on.

Great post Dr. Feller.

I'd actually like to see Dr. Bauman and Dr. Feller debate over this publicly. I believe it was Dr. Bauman on another thread has been strongly advocating his use of laser therapy. It is certainly interesting that doctors have varying responses to this and I'd certainly be interested to get more information on it.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Great post Dr. Feller.

I'd actually like to see Dr. Bauman and Dr. Feller debate over this publicly. I believe it was Dr. Bauman on another thread has been strongly advocating his use of laser therapy. It is certainly interesting that doctors have varying responses to this and I'd certainly be interested to get more information on it.

Bill

I am with Dr Feller all the way on this.

FYI - MHR is a big advocate of this laser money making sham, I think its called the Leavitt Laser Therapy program. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you Dr. Feller for offering your professional opinion on a very controversial product. Many guys/gals will lose a ton of money on this thanks to the FDA.

NoBuzz

Hey Guys,

The Body Shop in Dublin offer the exact same treatment as is shown on the BBC video clip of Advanced Hair Studios.

Laser treatment to unblock the follicles/Minoxidil Pill for rest of natural life/Special Shampoo.

The Body Shop are a company that operate in the UK and recently Ireland and offer various body treatments. Lipo, god knows what else.

I did a consultation two years ago and the treatment sounded rediculas. Then the consultant offered to do a hair transplant.

No Thanks.

They advertise fairly often in Irish Newspapers.

Thet threw all the usual lines at me for instance.

"If you came to us even two years ago we could have done loads more for your hairline"

"If you don't get this soon your hairline will be gone within a few months"

"We got this super new laser device flown in from America"

No Thanks.

Be Warned

Hey...

I'm with you guys...I think it's being WAY over marketed. Of course, the question in my mind remains...does laser therapy have ANY benefit to people losing their hair. There are answers that point to yes, there are answers that point to no. It's not something I am advocating to anyone because to me, there is no proof that it works. I'm just willing to keep an open mind...BUT, without the marketing hype and scams. I want to hear about evidence if there is any. If not, then it's just another scam.

Personally, based on Joe's article...I'm bothered that FDA would approve something just because it's safe. We, of course, want to know it's safe...but we also want to know if it's effective. Many people turn to the FDA for evidence of whether or not something will work for them...this is not the case here. Why doesn't the FDA go ahead and approve herbal supplements like Saw Palmetto too? They are, after all, safe! I'm being facetious here.

Bill

Let's move past the rhetoric about lasers:

To begin, there is no such substance as "laser".

Unlike a "medication" it has no properties OTHER than simply being a form of energy. In and of itself it has no properties that are useful in our "plane of existence".

Medical lasers work in ONLY ONE WAY, and that is to deliver energy to a target. When it strikes the target the energy is absorbed and converted to HEAT. THAT'S IT!

The beauty of a laser is that by varying the frequency and power the doctor can focus on tissue at various depths AND tissues of various colorations. THAT'S IT!

Companies like AHS promulgate the myth that "laser" is a medication. They even go the next step and say that if it is combined with other "medications" like minoxidil and "herbs" that there will be some mystical magical synergy and hair will some how re-grow from the dead.

In the original Frankenstein I believe lightning was the magical "medication" used to bring life to the lifeless. The modern version has simply changed lightening to laser beams.

ThanksDr. Feller

As mentioned above.. I don't care what the FDA says.. Listen to the doctor above who doesn't have stock in the company

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Badger,

"We got this super new laser device flown in from America"

Funny, I thought all the laser devices were all the rage in Europe for years before now. I love it, if it's new the effectiveness is validated by saying it has been working great for years on the other side of the planet.

Seriously, I know this is not the case but the irony makes for a good laugh.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks to GRAV15 who posted this.

And to AHS:

The BBC is arguably the most respected news agency in the world. Who are we supposed to believe them or you? You will need to come up with something more convincing than "we have thousands of happy clients". You beardy twat. Sorry, I realize that last part was uncalled for, unsubstantiated, and irrelevant, but it was British.

Spot on mate !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by MD1:

Grav15

My name is Maeve Duhy Client Relations Manager Advanced Hair Studio - Contact 02920 227 285 or maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com.

Advanced Hair Studio refunded you sometime ago, why are you persistantly placing notices over all types of Websites? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR? People reading this should realise that this site is manipulated by AHS competitors in an attempt to tarnish AHS'S repuutation and aquire a lead by dubious means. Again, I would like to advise that AHS has thousands upon thousands of happy clients, but many jealous competitors that have been hurt by Advanced Hair Studio regarding there intellectual property rights, but if you are an legitimate complaint than please contact me on the contact details that I have provided above. I am able to resolve any complaint or problems that you may have, even if it means discussing a refund.

Hi Mauve.

My name is Chris, and i have recently been in touch with you regarding a complaint about being mis-sold laser from your Companys Manchester office. Whilst the salesman originally offered me 50% refund after receiving my first letter of complaint, this was followed up by a letter from yourself saying no refund would be given. Whilst you yourself may not mis-represent the facts to your clients others definately do just so they can get their commission. They even wrote "bald as a coot" on the top of the notes accompanying my medical questionnaire! As AHS will be aware i started legal proceedings thru the small claims court today as despite numerous requests for a refund and/or peer reviewed evidence nothing has materialised.

I must state to all posters though that on speaking to Maeve she has always been courteous and promptly replies to letters.

Interesting how MD1, the rep from the laser hair growth company, no longer posts on this thread.

I think my accusation was articulate and clear, so where is their defense? They should be able to easily refute my statements shouldn't they? After all they have "thousands of HAPPY patients"!

I would love to be proved wrong because then I would buy a laser and increase my bottom line.

As for Dr Bauman, I know and respect him. He is a bright and hardworking doctor who knows what he's doing. His advocacy for this laser comb stuff does throw me a bit and I will give him a call to find out his position and report back here. Who knows, maybe he'll convince me. I doubt it, but we'll see. Should be interesting

Dr. Feller

Good to hear, Dr. Feller,

I'll be anxious to hear the results of your conversation with Dr. Bauman.

Thanks,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.