Dr. Wong of Hasson and Wong

I have responded once to a question someone had about Dr. Wong. I thought I might expand on my experience for those of you interested.

I am a 38 year old male who just had a hair transplant surgery with Dr. Wong of Hasson and Wong. I had a small thinning spot on the top of my head in the back and thinning on the front hairline. When I first started becoming concerned about my hair loss about two years ago, I did a little looking around and found Hasson and Wong in Seattle. I talked with Mike over the phone and he was very helpful and gave me the idea that I should be using Propecia. It worked really well and I have halted my hair loss over the past two years. After further research and my past experience with the way I was treated with Mike, I decided to move forward with a transplant. Dr. Wong decided to work on the frontal hairline first and then see about a few grafts for the crown. I ended up with around 900 grafts up front and 200 in the crown. What I especially liked was Dr. Wong's wiliness to take care of my crown. It wasn't my main focus going in, but it was still a concern and I am very happy that it was filled in. I was surprised at how easy and painless it was. From the start of the procedure until now (over four weeks later), I had one slight headache that was gone in a half hour after one Tylenol. I had Dr. Wong and five technicians working on me and it took about five hours. It went by pretty quickly. You can watch TV or movies during the surgery. After surgery, I drove myself back to Seattle. For the first few days there were small scabs on the grafted area. After about six or seven days, they fell off. What I saw after the sixth or seventh day amazed me the most. Dr. Wong placed grafts in between my existing hair. No one knows what has been done unless I tell them. I thought I would keep it a secret to most, but I find myself showing everyone because I am excited at how good it looks.

I have responded once to a question someone had about Dr. Wong. I thought I might expand on my experience for those of you interested.

I am a 38 year old male who just had a hair transplant surgery with Dr. Wong of Hasson and Wong. I had a small thinning spot on the top of my head in the back and thinning on the front hairline. When I first started becoming concerned about my hair loss about two years ago, I did a little looking around and found Hasson and Wong in Seattle. I talked with Mike over the phone and he was very helpful and gave me the idea that I should be using Propecia. It worked really well and I have halted my hair loss over the past two years. After further research and my past experience with the way I was treated with Mike, I decided to move forward with a transplant. Dr. Wong decided to work on the frontal hairline first and then see about a few grafts for the crown. I ended up with around 900 grafts up front and 200 in the crown. What I especially liked was Dr. Wong's wiliness to take care of my crown. It wasn't my main focus going in, but it was still a concern and I am very happy that it was filled in. I was surprised at how easy and painless it was. From the start of the procedure until now (over four weeks later), I had one slight headache that was gone in a half hour after one Tylenol. I had Dr. Wong and five technicians working on me and it took about five hours. It went by pretty quickly. You can watch TV or movies during the surgery. After surgery, I drove myself back to Seattle. For the first few days there were small scabs on the grafted area. After about six or seven days, they fell off. What I saw after the sixth or seventh day amazed me the most. Dr. Wong placed grafts in between my existing hair. No one knows what has been done unless I tell them. I thought I would keep it a secret to most, but I find myself showing everyone because I am excited at how good it looks.

Slim,

Glad to hear of other satisfied HT patients. I too have been very happy with my results. I had 2000 FU's done by Dr. Hasson of Hasson & Wong back in August ('01) and like you did the "fill in" between my existing hairs before I went bald in the front & top. No one noticed, and now I have a slightly fuller look than before, even after the loss of the previously thinning hair. The best thing is knowing I get to keep this hair for a lifetime! Way to go & good luck!

Rick

• 4 years later...

I have just decided to look into getting some HT done. Since I live in the Seattle area I was very interested in the statements regarding Dr. Wong. Like most (I would assume) I looked at Bosley first. We are talking a lot of money, however, not to mention horror stories about HT's gone bad so wanted to do a little research first to make sure that the surgeon has a good track record. If anyone has any other advice for a novice I would certainly welcome all contacts.

If you live right by Hasson and wong, it is a no brainer to go there. They have tons of raving past clients on this forum as well as one of the best websites with high quality photos not hiding anything. Joetronic posts regularly on here and works for hasson and wong. if you have any questions just ask him.