Feller NO response

John,

Hair transplant surgery is not a crap shoot, but it does come with risks. I always tell all prospective patients to discuss not only the benefits, but the limitations and potential risks with their doctor BEFORE going into surgery. I trust that if you didn't do that with your first surgery that you did discuss this all with Dr. Feller?

In addition, establishing realistic goals and planning for the long term (managing the risk of future hair loss, the need for potential subsequent procedures, making good use of a finite donor hair supply, etc.) is vital to the satisfaction of the patient.

In many cases, hair restoration should be seen as a process, not a single procedure. There are many cards to play and hair transplant surgery (sometimes more than one session) may be part of that plan.

For instance, I've had 4 hair transplant procedures over 5 years. I wasn't really happy until after my third procedure. I went for a 4th to get more density because even though I was happy, it was still thin. It will still be thin even when this grows in because I'd be completely bald and there's simply not enough donor to cover an entire bald scalp. Thus, making good use of the available donor supply is vital, and it's exactly what I'm attempting to do with my doctor.

I hope this information helps you as you plan for the long term to restore your hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be beneficial to your argument to provide some pictures of your hairloss before and after your first surgery. Dr. Feller should have pre-op pics prior to your second surgery. You are providing us with little detail of your history. How many grafts did you receive during your first and second procedures?

The good people on this website would vehemently disagree with your opinions. HT surgery's have greatly improved the quality of life for many individuals. There are many well documented cases on this website. Pre-op pictures and monthly updates show the slow process that leads to the final result.

I'm sorry you had a subpar first experience but your second surgery is at its very early stages.

Again, please provide more information and pictures for the benefit of all.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009

John - I don't understand the point of your post(s).

You're not even 3 months post-op. You KNOW that you will not see results from a transplant until at least 4-5 months, and you're freaking out? What exactly are you trying to prove? Are you just having a breakdown? Please try to calm yourself and see where you're at in a few months.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

I have not posted until now because I felt this thread was inappropriate and should have been removed by the moderator the first moment it was put up. The very title of the thread 'Feller No response' is clearly inflammatory, untrue, and serves no useful purpose. I will not defend myself from a false public charge like this one.

Thankfully most people (including the moderator) participating on this thread didn't believe the charge and correctly identified the issue as being inconsolable fear and panic on the part of the patient rather than cold indifference on my part.

Many patients panic or have 'buyers-remorse' a few months after surgery. Waiting for the miracle of re-growth is not an easy one. But it doesn't justify lashing out at the entire hair transplant industry and all of its practitioners on a public forum-and it certainly doesn't give anyone the right to indirectly deride me and my reputation to third party viewers who are not educated enough to understand the injustice this thread represents.

John, you claim that I did not return your calls? I already gave you more post op attention than almost any other patient I've had in my 16 year career, but clearly that's still not enough for you. I had enough.

You know very well that three months does not even begin to represent your final growth, yet you are already writing fatalistically about poor results and deriding me and all HT practitioners on a public forum. You were right when you said most other forums would have screened your post, and HTN should have as well. Clearly you know your post is objectionable or you wouldn't have mentioned that it should have been screened.

I was NOT your first doctor. I went above and beyond to help you out of the mess that guy created and this 'hit thread' is the measure of your gratitude? This thread is wrong and you should never have put it up.

I've nothing against Dr. Feller. But he's too agressive responding his patients. If i was his patient i would be very mad with him, no doubt. I've seen several threads on this forum of Dr.Feller being always agressive with some of his patients, this is not right.

Dr. Feller,

First, I never had any complaint about your work. I did however have a complaint with you returning my calls. I think when I put in bold letters that I'M NOT CRITICIZING FELLER'S WORK, IT IS MUCH TO EARLY TO EVALUATE, that I made that point clear. As far as you given me post op attention, I strongly disagree. While I feel you were nothing but a gentleman the day of surgery, I've called your office numerous times with no response. If I'm to demanding I apoligize. But why should that be screened from the public? Should they not be allowed to form their own opinion.

Second, while I do understand that 3 months is entirely to early to evaluate any result, I'm trying to convey to this forum my experince with HT's, and I've been going through hell for over a year.

THIRD, to be clear to all. DR FELLER DID NOT PERFORM MY FIRST HT, AND THE REASON I CHOSE DR FELLER FOR MY SECOND PROCEDURE WAS BECAUSE OF SUPERB RESULTS HE ACHIEVED IN THE PAST. I'm praying that I fall into this category in a couple of months. However, I will not back down to the fact that MY EXPERIENCE with HT's to date is HORRIFIC.

Finally, as far as this post being screened, I totally disagree with you. I think it is imperative that people thinking of HT's understand that there are still extremely artifical results happening till this day. NOBODY CLAIMED THAT YOU WERE PUTTING OUT THESE RESULTS. Therefore, if this post was screened, readers may have received the wrong message from this post- just as you have. And as far as being gracious. Dr Feller you did not perform my surgery for free, And while you treated my wife and I with the upmost of respect, you were generously compensated. Furthermore, where I come from that is called a doctor having a "bed side manner" I hope I did not offend you Dr Feller, but if you think I am going to go on this post and state the last year, including the 3 months since your surgery were "wonderful" you are clearly mistaken. Once again thank you to the moderators of this site for "keeping it real" and not screening a member's experience.

I can't believe that you actually responded in that manner Dr. Feller. John said "I AM NOT CRITICIZING DR FELLER AS IT IS MUCH TO (sic) EARLY TO EVALUATE HIS WORK". Even more astounding was your desire to see his post censored in some capacity.

If John is indeed lying about the number of phone calls, a simple response rebutting his statements would have been sufficient for you to take the high road, while also ensuring that your reputation remain intact. I know you don't care, and I know that I will probably take some heat from the apologists on this site, but in my opinion, you should be ashamed of yourself Dr. Feller.

*and before anyone attacks me, I freely and fully admit that I know NOTHING about this situation other than what is visible on this thread. John may be an overly sensitive pain in the ass, but that doesn't have any effect on my belief that Dr. Feller's response was inappropriate and should have been handled better.

Dear Space between,

Yes, it is quite possible that I am having a breakdown. As far as trying to calm myself- I've been trying for over a year now. And to be clear once again to all. FELLER DID NOT PERFORM MY FIRST SURGERY. This does not negate the fact that Before a HT, while I was self conscious of my receding, I never missed a social event because of my hair. Now, unfortunately, I've turned down numerous. Maybe, your a better man than me, but this does not change the fact that I've been tramatized from my experiece with HT's to date. Like I mentioned earlier, I am praying that I have a fantastic result in a couple of months, but that changes nothing today. So, while I may be having a breakdown, maybe you should walk in someone else'e shoes before you talk down to them with so much bravado. This dosen't make you a man, it makes you insensitive.

TC 17,

I'm glad someone understands my point of view. I agree it is possible that I am a pain in the ass, but first of all, a doctor as intelligent as Feller clearly understands there is an emotional element to HT's. And, more importantly, What was so inflammatory about my posts? They were honest and I never "knocked Feller's work. What good would screening my experiece do for the readers of this site. It may do the doctors all the good in the world, but that would contradict Pat's intent when he started all of this. Kudo's to Pat for allowing a civil disagreement!

Hey John, be sure that your experience is being very usefull for all of us, is always good to see how a doctor react with some cases.

As for you my friend, i had a very bad time on the waiting too, i had some crisis of panic went several times to the hospital, cause i was just very dissapointed with the wait you know. I'm 6 months post op, it's still not looking good but i'm better now. I know how you feel, when you need some support and the doctor just gives you a slap on the face.

Good luck man.

In addition, establishing realistic goals and planning for the long term (managing the risk of future hair loss, the need for potential subsequent procedures, making good use of a finite donor hair supply, etc.) is vital to the satisfaction of the patient.

In many cases, hair restoration should be seen as a process, not a single procedure.

I would bet 10,000 dollars that john could not tell I had a HT (sorry 3 HT's). Hair transplantation is science and science is based on results. HT's today are a very high percentage surgery as are most cosmestic procedures. Ones opinion does not factor into documented proof and hundreds of thousands of successful procedures.

Of course I can totally appreciate his concern and pessimism as i myself was skeptical thinking " no way I can have hair looking good again" (especially at 3 or so months). But then come about 12 months he will be singing like a bird as I was after my first procedure. Then he will want another.

Well, I was wrong too. 5017 grafts later I have a great head of hair by any standard

That is fortunately undisputable icon_smile.gif

Hang in there John, Feller is a great doc!

4 months is NOTHING. No doubt the waiting is the worse part of the procedure by far.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Bill,

First, I sincerely appreciate that you allow me to have a voice on this forum. Now with that said. EVERBODY STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My intent for posting to this forum, contrary to Dr. Feller's belief, was not to belittle, disparage, Feller, or more importantly to cause "any friction" between doctors and patients.

It's actually quite funny Bill because I think you responded to my post with the premise that I acted prematurely; however, your post reaffirms in my mind that I did the right thing. Here's why:

In your post, you say, " In addition, establishing realistic goals and planning for the long term (managing the risk of future hair loss, the need for potential subsequent procedures, making good use of a finite donor hair supply, etc.) is vital to the satisfaction of the patient.

In many cases, hair restoration should be seen as a process, not a single procedure."

That is the exact reason that I posted. I wanted to talk about my next step in the process ( what to expect, should I use minoxidal,etc...) But could not get a response. For the ninty- ninth time, I never belittled Feller's work. I did state and will not back down to the fact that I did not receive a response after numerous calls.

Dr Feller-- the time you took to post the emotionally loaded post to me, you could have just called. I though we had a good rapport with one another. By the way Dr. Feller, I'm not foolish enough to libel or slander your name in any way shape or form---I know your resources trump mine, and you could hire the finest advocate money can buy; However, I do know enough from a legal standpoint that the truth is the only and absolute defense to the aforementioned charges. Thus, I would not make a statement claiming you did not call me back after numerous calls, if I did not have physical evidence of such a claim.

Dr. Feller-- I just hope you can put your ego aside and we can talk about this rationally.

To everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and give me some feedback. I'm sorry if I "worked anybody up". Alas, at six months for better or worse, I will be posting my pics.

I hope the pics are taking from Dr. Feller's office. I also hope there is a shot of me giving Feller a hug. Time will tell!!!

Please grow Please,

Unfortunately No. I signed a waiver so I had the finances to have the touch up with Feller. I'm sorry I sincerely wish I could share that information with everyone on this site, but I had to put myself first on this one.

Also, I'm not that familiar with the forums yet, and I hope I'm responding to everyone properly. If not. I apoligize.

How about you don't take statements out of context Ron J? I stand by my statement that Dr. Feller's response was inappropriate. I don't understand what purpose your post serves other than to try and goad me into an argument with you. It seems as though now that your little pissing match with LMS has cooled that you're trying to pick another with me. Stick to the topic of the thread, and if you don't have anything constructive to say either way, don't say anything.

Originally posted by TC17:

I don't understand what purpose your post serves...

I thought it was self-evident, but apparently not: perhaps you shouldn't so sanctimoniously speak out if you are absolutely CLUELESS to the situation, rather than taking it upon yourself to "put in place" a world-renokwn dr. (?). Your taking an instructive/parental tone w/a world-class surgeon & now me as well, yet at the same time pleading your absolute IGNORANCE.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

This is a disgusting thread. One of HTNs worst ever, as I knew it would be.

I don't buy into the double standard that all patients are victims and all doctors are indifferent opportunists if they don't cave into every complaint made online.

The header of this thread is "Feller no response". THAT is a slap in the face. Bill should have known it and removed it and John should have cooled down before he posted it. Giving praise to my work is very nice, but it doesn't remove the outright smear stated in the header alone and it doesn't justify all the negative statements made thereafter.

John, almost all of your posts demonstrate the chip on your shoulder. You said you "won't back down", back down from what? You had a bad HT performed by someone else and you had a good one performed by me to fix it-and now you are waiting for it to grow, where is the enemy from whom you will not back down?

I didn't respond personally to your phone calls ANYMORE because I had done so enough times already. You were ALWAYS given a response when you called, but because you didn't like the responses you came on here to vent your anger by distorting what actually happened at my expense. Well sir, angry or not, I am not obligated to drop whatever I am doing to repeat the SAME things to you OVER and OVER again just because you paid me to perform a surgery on you three months ago.

This is not something that is appropriate for a public forum, but you chose to bring it onto this website not I, and just because some viewers may think I am an uncaring doctor simply because I defended my name, most will see this situation for what it truly is.

You want to continue your "righteous fight" go right ahead, but leave my name out of it and stop making false allegations about me. I was the guy who HELPED you, not hurt you-don't forget that.

Read what I wrote again and then see if you can understand the point. It's not that difficult. Further, and more importantly, I think you and your posts are of no value to this forum. You antagonize other members and never contribute anything of value.

And on a more personal note, the vocabulary in your posts is obnoxious. It's laughable that you consciously choose "big" words to get your message across when there are more simple words to choose from. Ask any person who has undergone any advanced writing training, (or ask me, as a law student who is on law review I am one of those people!) and they will tell you that simplicity is key when trying to convey a message. Recognize who your audience is and write to them. This is a hair restoration forum that has a sizable number of foreign patients. Ease up on the douchebaggy vocabulary, and keep it simple.

Last, I don't know if you didn't get enough hugs enough as a child, or if you got picked last too many times in gym class, but whatever the reasons are for your antagonistic attitude, just drop it. I come to this site get help and to help others when possible, not to argue with you over a difference of opinion. If you feel that Dr. Feller handled this situation fairly, or if you feel that we do not have enough information to formulate an opinion, then just say so, but stop being a douche about it, OK?

Originally posted by Dr. Alan Feller:

..most will see this situation for what it truly is.

we do dr. feller. the very fact that he's FREAKING out at three months w/no growth, show's he's OCD about the situation & clearly un-informed/mollested from his old work. you don't have to save your name, it's already been tried & tested, & come out righteous---to all who aren't ignorant.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Originally posted by TC17:

Further, and more importantly, I think you and your posts are of no value to this forum. Ease up on the douchebaggy...stop being a douche, OK?

yes, yes your vocabulary is much more prudent to the ears of hair loss sufferers world wide. Playing mod today while pleading your ignorance and trying to put in place a PROVEN world-class surgeon?

YAWNS...

I appreciate that Ron J.

John,

I must have missed a few of the posts you wrote before I made my last post which was meant to be blunt.

You were clearly being more affable in those posts and desirous of building bridges rather than walls. At least that's what I'm hoping. I'd rather have a friend than an enemy any day.And don't worry, I'm not taking anyone to court.

You sit tight and visit my office at the six to nine month mark. Maybe I'll get that hug, maybe I won't, but atleast respect will have been re-established.

John you made it sound as Dr Feller never returned your calls .

He says he has so what more could he do?

I understand your freaking out but its way to early to determine anything.

Ron J is OCD the same as OPP?

If it is then hes on the the right track icon_wink.gif

John is the first surgeon listed on here?

Was he from Flordia or Canada?

Are people not doing their research as the main thing after a HT is tha it takes up to 18 months for the final result..

I am only nearly 3 months also and understand that we cannot judge the final result yet

I have been onto Dr Feller ,Spex and Marcia with questions regarding pre and post surgery and always got a quick response..