Feller NO response

Hi everybody,

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Feller on March 20 of 2009. I am currently 3 mos. post op with no results. I've seen Feller's excellent results, but I'm getting very nervous by the fact that I called his office literally 9 times to address my concerns with no call backs. Is this typical of Feller?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Feller on March 20 of 2009. I am currently 3 mos. post op with no results. I've seen Feller's excellent results, but I'm getting very nervous by the fact that I called his office literally 9 times to address my concerns with no call backs. Is this typical of Feller?

Well technically you are not at 3 months post op. That would be on June 20th. But besides that point, being at 3 months is way too early to judge if a HT was successful or not. I had my HT with Dr Feller on March 9th, and I have yet to see anything really, but I am not worried. Some people grow quicker than others. If you or I are at 5 or 6 months and we see nothing, then I would be concerned. But I am confident that in the upcoming months you and I will start to see some good growth....be patient

Although, its normal for patients not to have significant results after 3 months, there are patients that 'sprout' much sooner (therefore, its understandable why some patients get a little nervy).

My friend had great results through Dr Fellar and his growth began before the 2 month mark!

As suggested by 1973, probably best to contact Spex...

You wont see any results at 3 months so by the time you hear from him youll have a full head of hair icon_smile.gif

I wouldnt say not hearing from his clinic is typical but I have read quite a few complaints about no call backs.

Heck so many times I think I remember the receptionist name is Marsha or Marcie or something similar

Maybe shoot the doc himself a pm on here

I can only assume that Dr. Feller is a very busy man. Although he does spend alot of time posting here. I had the same problem trying to set up a consult with him so I moved on to other consults with other surgeons. Your best bet is to talk to Spex.

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the feedback--it helps!. But as Spex mentioned, because this is my second transplant, and the first was a disaster, I'm extremely skeptical of the whole transplant process. However, my major concern is I've been reading some posts on this site claiming minoxidil will accelerate the growth process, but I don't want to obtain medical advice from a website. I would rather hear it from Dr. Feller who I feel was compensated fairly enough to not only perform the surgery, but participate in the follow up care. Once again, I apoligize if I appear to be overly pessimistic, and I hope my opinion is quite the oppisite in a couple of months, but up until today a hair transplant was the worst decision that I ever made. I AM NOT CRITICIZING DR FELLER AS IT IS MUCH TO EARLY TO EVALUATE HIS WORK, But this has been one horrible journey from my first surgery in June of 08. And I would not wish this on anyone. I was a little insecure of my hair condition, now I have not been outside without a hat for over a year. Sorry guys but that is the truth.

John

To be honest with you its hard to say when i first noticed any growth,the transplant i had were placed in amongst other hairs but i would imagine it was about month 5,i say month 5 because thats when i first noticed i wasn`t using as much concealer (toppik)

Please grow please is right you may experience a delay due to scaring from your last procedure but 3 months is still only the beginning

Went thru the same thing i sent an online consult to Dr. Fellers office with no response, not a big issue as i assumed he was very busy (I wanted to consult with Dr Feller along with Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Konior and Hasson and Wong) in the end i went with Dr. Ron Shapiro but it would have been nice to talk to another top doc!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

When I was first researching and contacting a bunch of clinics Spex not only answered my questions but sent my pics to Dr Feller .

I suggest to contact the office and Spex.

Hes got the secret code to get through icon_wink.gif

If that doesnt work out just disguise your voice as Joe Torre and doc will drop everything to assist you.

Spex,

I sent the online consultation and may have called also, no big deal though i am VERY happy as i would have been if i went with Dr Feller also! I would feel very comfortable with recommending Dr Feller to anybody out there considering HT! icon_wink.gif

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

It's amazing as I read the responses to my post (which I do appreciate) of why I or anyone for that matter would have a transplant in the first place. I'm not saying that there are not decent results out there, but the more I think about it. I had my first Ht a little over a year ago by a allegedly qualified surgeon. Now, I have a follow up procedure with Feller who is a well respected surgeon in the field. It's 3 months later, I see absolutely no growth and this is normal. So lets see, I wait 18 more months to evaluate the final result. That is over 2 years and close to 14 thousand dollars for a MAYBE. I honestly think the HT field is still in the Neo stages of producing any signigicant and consistent results. If this is not the case than any respected doctor should not only guarentee growth, but refund the fee plus an inconveniece fee for broken promises.

Originally posted by John Malloy:

It's amazing as I read the responses to my post (which I do appreciate) of why I or anyone for that matter would have a transplant in the first place. I'm not saying that there are not decent results out there, but the more I think about it. I had my first Ht a little over a year ago by a allegedly qualified surgeon. Now, I have a follow up procedure with Feller who is a well respected surgeon in the field. It's 3 months later, I see absolutely no growth and this is normal. So lets see, I wait 18 more months to evaluate the final result. That is over 2 years and close to 14 thousand dollars for a MAYBE. I honestly think the HT field is still in the Neo stages of producing any signigicant and consistent results. If this is not the case than any respected doctor should not only guarentee growth, but refund the fee plus an inconveniece fee for broken promises.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

http://hassonandwong.com/

..."Hasson & Wong leads the way in providing natural, consistently amazing results. We change lives every day, providing world-class hair transplants using proven, leading techniques. Best of all, our results are guaranteed! "

Dreams really do come true icon_redface.gif

BTW the day of my ht I was ready to sign my life away on a medical waiver; I assumed they would even have some clause covering their a$$ if I died during my ht. Rather, to my complete shock, I signed a form stating that they guarenteed my grafts would grow.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Lost my swagger,

I'm curious-are you compensated by this forum to hide the reality that HT's are a crap shoot? If they were not you would not even be reading my post right now. My original intent was to keep my HT a secret. This is not possible because a very reputable HT doc gave me a very artifical look. This was not a repair job from the 80's ,but a repair job from 2008. The only thing that I'm doing here is sharing my unfortunate experience with anyone that is considering a HT. I am in no way trying to be contentious. Trust me, I'm praying that in 3 months that I am praising Dr. Feller as a God; however, for now I want to warn anyone even considering a HT that it is not only a very invasive procedure --50 staples in your head, but also to borrow part of your cliche, results not only 100% vary, but exceptional results are rare and even in those cases there is an extensive downtime.

So, I want to thank the moderators of this site for allowing me to voice my honest opinion--there are many sites that would screen this post. And let's hope in a few months I'm raving about HT's. Trust me, I've been wrong more times than the folliciles that I had planted in my head; however, I was never ashamed to admit the fact that I was wrong, and never not man enough to apoligize for putting my foot in my mouth.

Huh? lol

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

John Malloy,

I honestly think the HT field is still in the Neo stages of producing any signigicant and consistent results. If this is not the case than any respected doctor should not only guarentee growth, but refund the fee plus an inconveniece fee for broken promises.

I highly disagree with this statement. Hair transplant surgery has come a million miles from its origin and hundreds of patients on this forum can testify that surgical hair restoration in the right hands is highly consistent and can produce significant cosmetic improvements.

However, if you're looking for guarantees, hair transplant surgery is not for you. And anyone who gives you a guarantee is being less than ethical.

Any surgery or medical procedure has risks. That's just the reality we face living in an imperfect world. Though many patients have benefited significantly from hair transplant surgery, there are those who are less than satisfied, whether it be from unrealistic expectations, less than optimal growth, scar stretching, or some other risk that occured.

Take comfort that you have chosen among the best in the world and that no matter what, Dr. Feller will stand behind you. As long as you have realistic expectations, there's a great chance you'll be happy with your results.

Hang in there.

Bill