Will a second HT cause initial transplant growth to shed if transplanted in the same general area of the scalp?

Guest tim

• Administrators

Tim,

As a veteran of three sessions, I found that I had no shedding of transplanted hair when new hairs were transplanted in and around them.

I suspect that the transplanted hairs are healthy and robust and therefore tend not to be suseptible to "shock fallout" like thinning hair can be.

Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Shock fallout can happen to previously transplanted hair. One of the causes is that the incisions for tne follicles are made too close to the existing hair and they damage the root of the hair.

The reason why Pat experienced none or very little shock fallout is most likely due to the fact that his surgeon is considered to be one of the best in the world, he does not rely on techncians,he makes the all the incisions and places the majority of the follicles himself.

Be very carful when you choose your doctor, it will save you a lot of pain and grief in the future.

RTD

• 4 weeks later...

I heard that loss of blood supply in recipient area causes temporary shedding. How come pat did not have any after 4500 grafts. Surely his last session had new fu's being placed around a considerable amount of HT hair. My current dilemma is that I want hairline work, but I am very afraid of shedding. I look good now, but there is room for improvement/density. I am nervous about the 6 month shedding look.

regards