HT done in India

jagdish

Allari,

Welcome to the forums. I took a look at the website...I'm far from impressed. Here are some red flags that jump out at me:

From the site:

Hair roots are then separated from these strips into plugs containing single or double hair. The plugs are then transplanted into evenly spaced holes in the bald area prepared by laser.

Any use of the word "plugs" is not good typically. Though they admit that mini/micro grafts are obsolete, if they only work with single or double hairs, they may not be using true follicular transplantation.

The procedure takes 3-4 Hours and is performed under local anesthesia. 1000 - 2000 grafts are placed in this time.

2000 graft surgeries are small sessions in this day and age and doing that as a maximum shows the potential for some serious limitation at their clinic. Compare this to today's best clinics 5000+ graft sessions on qualified patients who yield excellent results.

Natural Hair No Scarring

Permanent Minimal Bleeding

Single Procedure Graft Uptake

Faster Procedure & Result No Significant Short Term Side Effects

Quick Recovery No Long Term Side Effects

Very deceptive. Their site calls it something else, but it's basically a strip surgery. There WILL be scarring. The best clinics can minimize scarring significantly...but one can never say NO scarring unless they are lying. Permanent minimal bleeding? Must be bad english here because it sounds like it's saying that one will bleed minimally forever :P. Subjective statements about significant short term and long term side effects. Scarring is a long term side effect...of course, they say no scarring, which I've already disputed. But there can be long term side effects, including bad scarring and pain (if not done by a physician who knows what he/she is doing).

Under "History of Hair Transplantation", they only go up to 1999. Have they not advanced since then? Something to worry about maybe?

There is one photo showing the before after picture of one patient (small picture I might add). This isn't necessarily an indicatin of a problem, but it could be.

Conclusion:

It appears to me that despite their hype about laser technology, there seems to be little evidence that they can deliver a quality hair transplant. Additionally, I'm not so sure that making the incisions with a laser can really compete with the artistry of incisions made by the hands of an artistic and competent doctor. Just my thoughts.

Bill

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I would like to know more about the side affects of a hair transplantation. Also the side affects of the medicines used before and after a hair transplant. Do these medicines have any affect on sexual life, potency factors. Please suggest.

Rgds

Kishore

Hello Allari,

While the use of lasers sounds very technologically advanced, U.S. doctors choose not to use them. The problem with lasers is that they actually burn or cauterize the skin where the incision is made. As stated on the doctors web site: "...during the process Laser beams coagulate blood vessels, ensuring minimal bleeding.".

That might sound good, but blood is vitally necessary to the survival and growth of the transplanted follicle. So, essentially a laser cuts off much of the needed blood supply.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Thanks Gorpy,

What I want to know is that when we undergo a HT and then are the medicines affecting the sexual life of the patient. If so then what kind of impact happens.

Till now I was under the impression that Laser technique is the latest technology, but u are totally against that so what techology should be used.

Please suggest a genuine , reliable and dependable hair consultant.

Rgds

Allari

Allari,

The problem for all of us is that hair loss is progressive. So if you get a hair transplant today and you continue to lose your native hair in the future you will need another transplant. It is suggested that you try to maintain your existing native hair or at least slow down the loss. There are only two products proven to do this, finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine).

Some people experience sexual side effects using finasteride. Tests show that occurs on only about 2% of people. You can always stop taking it and you should stop seeing side effects. It is advisable to try it before you have a hair transplant. That way you will have a better idea of what your future hair loss will be.

As far as recommending a hair transplant doctor - I cannot recommend any in India, sorry. There might be some good ones, but I am not aware of any. If you are willing to travel to the U.S. then look at the list of Coalition surgeons at the top of this page.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i am new to this forum. i read all the experiences/openions of jagdish, pat, gorpy, brianf etc...they r helpful and any suggestions on good hair transplantationist in US.

i heard ron shapiro is best, is that right?

Dr. Ron Shapiro is one of the best. There are several other top physicians right now such as Dr. Feller, Hasson and Wong. There are approx. 30 very qualified HT physicians right now worldwide. It all comes down to what you need and who you are comfortable with. Post some photos and we can help assess your needs.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hello VM and welcome to the forum,

As we tell all new members we'll need your statistics:

- Are you taking any kind of Finasteride/Dutasteride or Minoxidil? If so which one, brand, generic?

- Take pictures of you hair, top, front, back and sides and post them here in the photo album section, you'll get a lot of expert advice. For the best way to take pics go to:

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-loss-photo-tips.htm

- Ask as many questions as you need, we are here to help. Research, read, learn as much as you can on this forum and on the Multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/

Don't rush, the more you know, the best choices you'll make. Some members spend months here before reaching their best educated decision.

- Check members Hair Loss Weblogs to find similar cases to yours, the doctor who did their HT and their results:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

- Once you are a bit more familiar with the terminology and the different approaches you can guesstimate your own Norwood scale:

http://hairloss.cyberatlantis.com/library/norwood_scale.php

- You can also play with the graft calculator to get an idea:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/mm/calc.html

We are looking forward to more of your details so we can be more helpful.

HK,

I have noticed on a couple of threads now that you have provided essentially the same generic but very informative response. Since so many of the new members start off with limited knowledge and many of the same questions, you've got a great idea.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and find this forum very informative for HT. My brother is almost bald even after taking treatment from Batras for a year. I have read all the posts in the forum and since am residing in bangalore, I am planning to go for Dr.BNR or Dr. Venkataraman Mysore. I also read few saying they had been for consultation. Please help me with some pointers on whom to reach for treatment.

Thanks

Sandeep

Hey Jagdish,

I am Planning to get the Procedure done In India/

What are your thoughts and recommendations.

I saw your Pokiri Video. well shot ..

If there is any thing which you think will help me ,then Please let me know.

Hi all,

Just checking if there are any updates on HT in India.

Pat, Thanks for this forum and all the members and guests needs to be appreciated for their contribution.

Thank you all.

Hairhunt,

You may want to check Jagdish's personal profile to see if you can email him or something. I' don't believe I've seen him post for quite some time.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Hairbank,

I am also Considering Dr Woods in syd. but time may be a constraint and cost of course.I put an inquiry to Dr woods. Will post his response here once I hear from him.

thanx mate

Hairhunt

Hello All, I have been trying to reach one of the HT doctors suggested from this forum and also who is close to India. I have looked at the website of Dr Jennifer Martinick from Australia. In their clinic website I have seen Mumbai, India. Out of curiosity I am requesting for verification from this forum.

Please check this website and assist.

Also I would request the forum to kindly consider the problem of all the Hair Loss patients in India and assist in suggesting good HT doctor from India and pratising in India.

India is having 2nd highest population in the world.

That itself would speak about the patients suffering from Hair loss.

Not just for myself but for so many people are falling in the traps, are being cheated.

So kindly take some intiative for we which we all Indians would be greatful

I have found one of these links for International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. In this there are many Indian Doctors and surprisingly they have attended only 1-2 of the meetings. I just have a question about the genuineness of this forum and also the so called certified doctors from this forum.Please check and assist.

http://www.ishrs.org

http://www.ishrs.org/doctor-search

Awaiting response.

Hi Allari,

Just looked at this site. I am from the East Coast of Canada and found several butchers on this site. Suggest you do research on the forum and make your decision accordingly. Dollars in air travel are a short term decision when you are looking at wearing something front and center for the rest or your life.

We are all here to make sure that you receive the best results possible.

Cheers

Bayer

Allari,

I'm not sure what you are saying. Being a member of an organization like the ishrs means very little in terms of hair transplant quality. So you really can't count on that list.

This forum recommends a small group of surgeons which are constantly reviewed by consumers like myself. That doesn't mean they are perfect. At times they are kicked out of our recommendation lists if they are not performing. Our forum makes no claims that we know of all of the good HT surgeons in the world. It is difficult for us to review and recommend HT doctors from India because we have not seen many results from there.

We are always looking for good surgeons, but their work must be of a very high caliber and consistent to attain a recommendation by us.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hi all

If I was considnering a HT i would go to the top docs consistently mentioned on here.. There is no reason to RISK going to someone who is in question.. You are playing roulette with your appearance and limited donor area..

It's your choice but why not learn from the others on here..There are too many butcher stories

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

There is a guy named "Damo" who got good results from a Dr. Martinick in Australia. If I'm not mistaken this is the same Dr. Jennifer Martinick you are referring to.

Help me out guys. Is this the same Dr. that did Damo's procedures?

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

hi jagdish..

i am new member here . i know about HT. but i still hav some doubts of side effects,

i request you to suggest me which doctor i prefer. and plz give me ur email id to clear doubts.

Yeah, Gorpy, Dr. Jennifer Martinick is the one who did Damo's HT. Here's the link to his blog for viewing.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.