HT done in India

jagdish

Well done Pat.Although I'm surprised you let it go that far.Quite obviously a Dr A cheerleader or the way he was taking criticism of Dr A so personally, may of even been Dr A himself.

I've spent some time in India,and believe me,ethics aren't part of any business over there.

Jagdish,you obviously want to look good, otherwise you wouldn't be paying big money like the rest of us to restore your hair.If you don't want to look like an obvious HT, DO NOT GET IT DONE IN INDIA.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brianf, thanks for the advise. But I disagree the statement "ethics aren't part of any business over there". It hurts me because I am an Indian. Show me a country where 100% ethics are maintained. Well, there is Dr Ashok in India then there is bosley in US. No country is fully perfect. Here there are many who follow ethics. You would not have just seen them.

Ravi Vide

• Administrators

Guys,

Thanks for understanding the need to root out covert marketing on this forum - regardless of what country it comes from.

I would really like to identify a very ethical and outstanding hair restoration surgeon in India who we can recommend on this site. I think it would be valuable to Jagdish and thousands of other hair loss sufferers in India.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

True Jagdish,there are some ethical people in India,maybe I was exaggerating a little. And yes,there are unethical business practices in the western world as well.But after spending a lot of time in India,it just seems to be a difficult place to get an honest job done consistently, IMHO.

I do not intend this to offend any Indians as I myself have some Indian friends and they are delightful people. But you've already had an unsatisfactory experience there so why risk it?

You're part of the HT brotherhood now,like myself,and it would be great to see everyone in this club,including our brothers from India, get the results they deserve,that is why I'm offering my opinion.

Good luck with it mate,and keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Folks, I am 24 & I live in INDIA. I am planning to get a HT done in the next 6 months & in the process of finalizing a good doctor.

I am listing some of my concerns here. If anyof you have info abt it, please share it.

# do we get any nasty side effects after the HT

# do we loose more hair from the nearby areas where HT is performed?

# will the cycle of lossing the hair starts again after the HT?

# what are the other risks involved?

# any contact info of quality doctors in INDIA

I have to agree. The grafts are spaced too far apart. I was in the same position and went back to the same doctor (big mistake). I have a 5th repair session this week for fine tuning. Please look into as many other Doctors as possible before making a decision.

ISHRS, magazines, etc. make no difference. There are plenty of butchers lurking around in this high profit business. I would read all articles on this forum for at least 6 months.

I WILL BE in hyderabad SOON-where is the office/ fo they do FU? with microscopes? pleaase email me at: wes@MOVERS.COM

Originally posted by jagdish:

Hi, Thanks for the clarifications.

My HT was done exactly as KG mentioned. Doc was there till the incisions are made. Even the hairline was placed by technicians. Anyway I will not worry about it now as the HT and the hairline looks good to me. My HT was done by Dr Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad.

I have posted my pictures. But they did not go live yet. May be the pictures clarity was not good. I will get a good cam and I will keep posting the pictures along with the progress.

Wes, I think you did not read the thread fully. There is no good doctor in Hyderabad. Dr Ashok Reddy does not do FUT. He can't even do Micro and Mini procedure properly. I am 4 and half months post op and now I can see the worst hairline growing on my head.

So never ever even think about getting HT in hyderabad.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a consultation with Dr.J Prasad of BNR Skin Hospitals,Bangalore. He is performing Laser assisted HT and charging Rs.40,000 flat.

He showed me few pictures of candidates who underwent the HT. They looked quite OK for me.

Has anybody had any experience with BNR Skin Hospital? Is laser assisted HT recommended?

Hi Jagadish,

Thank you for your reply. I believe you also underwent Laser Assisted HT..Am i right. I saw your pictures. It looks better than what you were before.

I have lost my self confidence for being bald. I am also finding very difficult to attend occassion like marriages,house warming etc.

Can you post some of your latest pictures? I have asked Dr.Prasad to give me contact numbers of few patients so that I can talk to them and then decide for the HT.

Regards,

Shaji,

I am not sure whether mine is Laser HT or not. I asked my doctor but he did not give me correct answer. So, I guess it was most probably a Laser HT. As per my knowledge, The problem with the laser HT is that it affects the hairgrowth. The hair does not grow as good as your normal hair grows. So, you should avoid the doctor who uses it.

I have very bad impression on those doctors who charges on a flat rate. Everyone is different and each one requires varying number of grafts. The charge should be based on the number of grafts. Did he tell you how many grafts you require and which kind of procedure he is going to use. Did he discuss with you about FUT and FUE? Did he suggest you medicines like Finasteride or Minoxidile? Some Doctors keep only those photographs which have good results. Also they give references to only those patients who got good results. So it is always better to find out the patients of the doctor on your own and get their feedback. In this way you will get the real feedback. It takes time but you can not take risk.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Hi Jagadish,

The doctor was talking about 1200 grafts. I never asked wheterh it is FUT or FUE.He did not suggest medicines like Finasteride or Minoxidile.

Meanwhile I also met Dr.S.C Rajendran, founder of National Skin and Hair Care Centre. He advised me to take Finax for few months and if it does not yield results, he might think of a HT (FUT). But this is not Laser Assisted. He is charging Rs.25000 flat. He would either cover only front or the top, exactly like what Dr.Prasad said.

Jagadish, whatz your experience on FINAX. Has it brought in new hair for you?

Has anybody had any experience with National Skin and Hair Care centre or BNR Skin Hospital??

Regards,

Hi Jagdish,

Jagdish, whatz your opinion on this? Suprised to hear that booking is done until January.

Reply from Dr.A:

What is the degree of baldness, I have?----Early NW 6

How many grafts would be required approximately to cover my front and top portion of baldness? -------Complete coverage is not possible. Especially if you restrict yourself to just the FUHT method.

The area from where you have lost hair had nature's given 20,000 FU grafts atleast.

A full length strip FUHT procedure can give you 3500-4000 grafts.

I would advise you to densely pack them (at 50-60 FU grafts per sq cm) in the front half. Like the gentleman in the picture above had 3000 grafts placed in the front areas with a conservative hairline. No grafts were placed in the crown area.

I would require HT done on both top and front portions together in one sitting. Please let me know if it is possible?

What is the kind of density I can expect per square cm?

I hope you are using the follicular unit transplantation? Please confirm.

Will there be any side effects? Like any kind of numbness on scalp, scar etc ??

----The answers to the above questions are already there or you will find them on the links supplied above.

Should I be taking any kind of medicines after surgery like FINAX, Minoxidil etc ??

-------You may try them for an year. If they benefit you, please continue them thereafter.

How many months should I typically wait to see the results?

-----8-10 months atleast.

What would be approximate cost of the procedure?

Our costs are fixed and uniform for all. The cost details are available at the following link.

http://www.fusehair.com//Cost.htm

We offer the most economical costs for the most advanced procedures in the world.

How many days should I stay in Delhi, pre and post surgery?

-------If you want only FUHT, you can go back the next day. The procedure will last 1 full day. Its best to visit the clinic 1 day prior to your HT.

Do you have any branch in Bangalore, as I hail from Bangalore?

-------No, we do not have any branches.

What is the latest appointment being booked?

---------We are currently booking for Feb 2007.

Regards,

Dr. A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

This is Allari from Hyderabad and I am greatful to GORPY, JAGADISH and the others who participated in this discussion. Just a day before taking a decision to go for the HT at Dr Ashok's in Hyderabad, I got this blog.

I still rememeber the day when I last went to the clinic and have almost decided to for the surgery seeing the number of patients. But thanks to one of the patients who told me that Dr A has given him the medicines that have to be taken for life. When asked about its affect on sexual life after marriage the doctor suggested the patient to stop taking the medicines two months before the marriage.

I got a doubt and then I serched and got this blog. Many thanks for you all and I appreciate one and all for playing a major role in an important decision in my life.

Now coming to my woes its simple I am suffering from Hair Loss, I got treatment from Dr Batra's for 2 years. When I was not satisfied with the results I started looking for a HT and I got this Dr. Ashok's clinic.He asked me Rs30,000 and then I read all the above in the forum.

I then went to Dr B N Rao for consultation who has his clinic in Bangalore. Please check this site www.drbnrskinhospitals.com. The doctor was very clear and also showed some of the videos of the sugeries that have been undertaken at their place.He told me that 1400 graft are required for me and that would cost a minimum of Rs 80,000. I am not at all sure whether I have to go for it or not. Can the forum's member check the wesite I have provided and suggest me whether this place is good one or not.

Above all this I stay in Hyderabad and its very dificult for me to get a transplantation in Bangalore.Is there any genuine place in Hyderabad where I can get a HT done. In a day or two I will include my pics.

Please Help me.

Allari