Pat, Doctors, Midnite, Figsy....Help Please...Panic Mode

Dork

I am now exactly 11 weeks post op having about 2000 fu's done. I am in a panic mode because I am showing absolutely no growth whatsoever. This is my second procedure, first with this doctor (he is one of the top 5 in the county but I do not want to name him because I do not want to make this sound like he did not do a good job). Just think Pat if you really need to know this.

Can anyone, Doctors; ones who have already gone through a second procedure; please restore my confidence here. Like I said, I am really in a panic because I spent all this money and my skin where the work was done is as smooth as a baby's bottom. My work was all done in front and at the temples. Absolutely nothing is happening. I thought that at 10 weeks I would see something as the only place that I have found that addresses this problem is the NHI site. I've had massive shedding in this area (shock loss) and it really looks 90% worse than before I went in. Are there cases where no growth can happen?

I am now exactly 11 weeks post op having about 2000 fu's done. I am in a panic mode because I am showing absolutely no growth whatsoever. This is my second procedure, first with this doctor (he is one of the top 5 in the county but I do not want to name him because I do not want to make this sound like he did not do a good job). Just think Pat if you really need to know this.

Can anyone, Doctors; ones who have already gone through a second procedure; please restore my confidence here. Like I said, I am really in a panic because I spent all this money and my skin where the work was done is as smooth as a baby's bottom. My work was all done in front and at the temples. Absolutely nothing is happening. I thought that at 10 weeks I would see something as the only place that I have found that addresses this problem is the NHI site. I've had massive shedding in this area (shock loss) and it really looks 90% worse than before I went in. Are there cases where no growth can happen?

i have only done one,and am contemplating another

so i can only present to you what i have i learned

and researched.growth from a second procedure is

said to take longer,due to scar tissue present

from the first,so don't expect it to mirror the

1st procedure you had.you're less than 3 months

post op,i only started getting growth at that

point.you state you had a lot of shock loss,they

should all grow back,however i can imagine your

depressed about it,as would i.those hairs are

genetic winners and will come back,look at it

as you took 3 steps back to go 4 forward,next

year this time,you'll look great and be happy

you did it,and probably be giving me advice as

i am looking into # 2..... good luck

I've been having conversations with several of you regarding the Shock Loss on a second/third procedure.

Sounds lik Dork just experienced this. Sounds pretty traumatic. I have a real concern that previous FU's will indeed ALL GROW BACK. Many of you involved in these discussions also have these concerns.

After my first FU process, I had shock loss to some previous old plugs. These are supposed to be genetically programmed to grow for life. Not all the plugs grew back. I'm 9 months post op.

I can't seem to get a reply from a Doctor. Quite frustrating.

Another question I have about Shock Loss is if the second time around, the new FU's were inserted toward to top of the head, will you still experience Shock Loss to FU's that were inserted in the front and back of the hairline in the first procedure.

I had one HT in april 2000 wiht only 170 grafts.

But the shock fallout was tremendous in the

firsth four months. I lost 5 times more hairs what i have transplanet. I feelt so terrible. but after 6 Months all the Hairs came back. In october 2001 i had another operation with 450 Grafts exactly in the same area as before hardly no sheeding. In may 2002 i had another operation

with also 450 Grafts in the same area. But the

shedding was the worst i ever had and this still

after 14 weeks. I really hope it will stop once

and all the hairs will came back like in the year

2000. I don't think somebody can tell me why or had simalary expirience. Sorry about my english

Dork & Co.

I am a little concerned hearing your experiences, since I about to go into my first HT and I still have a lot of hair on top and front. (not nearly as much as i'd like to think i can have with an HT but still...enough to fear shock). I am also thinking of using a well known and respected clinic and they have assured me that while there is a risk its minimal and that any hair that was destined to fall out in say a years time anyway would not be expected to go back. I'd like to hear more about how much hair you had before the HT and after the shock fallout. Also- did you talk to your doctor about this before and after? waht did her say?

I had quite a bit of hair in front and mainly went in to thicken things up. I guess what I was hoping for was some reassurance that it was too early to see any results. I was hoping some doctor would answer my question but they appear to shy away from this and most of their sites just do not address this issue. I went back and read the material that I recieved from the doctor that performed my surgery and it says I should start to see results in 4 to 5 months. Its just that everything looks so thin now compared to before and where the fu's were done on virgin bare skin it is so smooth without any trace of incision or anything that would appear to be a hair under the skin that has me worried. I just do not see how anything can grow. Like I said, I was hoping for something at 11 weeks, now at about 12 and just cannot see how anything will grow when I can not so much as see a pore where the FU's were done.

Dork,

You sound far too impatient, rest your mind and wait like we all have to do after any HT, admitedly its no fun, but if you read this site often or listen to your Doc, you will know the obvious..4-6 months wait is typical, often it takes longer.