donor area depletion and max HT surgery

Johnno,

As Barca said, it would be impossible to answer that since each patient is unique. However, the largest session I have ever seen (actually it might be the second largest) is london_lad...I believe he had one session of almost 7200 grafts!

On a completely different note, I've seen people have as many of 5 surgeries (though I'm not saying one can't do more nor am I saying that one will need that many), however, I would seriously doubt after 1 7200 graft session that many additional sessions would be possible and/or necessary.

Keep in mind, I'm only speaking from what I've seen...but each patient is unique and someone could never answer that question for you. Hope this helps.

Bill

johnno-

I'm not sure an online consultation can provide you with that detailed an estimate for number of grafts but maybe they can get close?? The other posters are correct, no way to tell without a consult, in person if possible.

IMO...........average density, avg.avg.avg. everything I'd say an AVERAGE person has around 8000 grafts available.............oh, did I forget to mention this is purely a guess?? icon_biggrin.gif

Best of luck to you!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Johnno,

Unfortunately, even if a doctor were to see you in person and poke and prod your head with every scientific instrument known to man you still will not be able to get a final number as to what is possible. The best would be an educated guess. What I can tell you however is that the average person can have 6500 to 8500 grafts removed in total. Remember, averages being averages, this means that some can have more than 8500 (me) and others can have less than 6500.

Oh, and Bill, it was 7700icon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Johnno,

Check out the graft calculator animation. It will give you a feel for the supply and demand issues.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yes and No-----

There is some debate as to what is actually "safe" donor hair and at what point do we potentially transplant hair susceptible to DHT.

A good rule of thumb is to imagine a 2.5-3 cm wide strip around your head. It is almost a given that this hair will be DHT resistant. This probably varies slightly from patient to patient, but is a good general rule.

However, should we go outside that width, it is possible that some of this hair will eventually fall out.

Of course, this is where we start talking about safe/aggressive etc... and I don't want this thread to turn into this.

I think I would base my "true" donor AFTER strip by adding about 500 grafts.

ie--- 7400 strip grafts + 500 Fue grafts.

Again, it WILL vary person to person, but until one exhausts all strip donor, it will be impossible to tell.

Hope this helps you out!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.