bleeding at surgery

Whats the name of that drug that they inject into your scalp before surgery to control the bleeding? I can't remember the name of it but it starts with an E. Do some doctors use adrenalin instead?

Whats the name of that drug that they inject into your scalp before surgery to control the bleeding? I can't remember the name of it but it starts with an E. Do some doctors use adrenalin instead?

I'm curious of the different products doctors use that stops the bleeding. I just had a HT and got 2173 grafts..I had a bad reaction to the injections that slow down bleeding.It was something called ephinadrine..or something like that.It caused me to have palpitations... If I decide to get another transplant , I'll have to use something other than that..like plane Zitacane or adrenalin..or? Has anyone else been sensative to the shots that slow bleeding?

ephinadrine and adrenalin are the same drug. its drug used to constrict blood vessels and is given to patients in cardiac arrest or with allergic reactions. it's effects on the body are rapid but short lived.

it occures naturally in the body and you would not survive without the bodies natural supply.

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Lon... just curious do you take valium to relax? That can certainly cause short lived palpitations!

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

The name of the drug is "epinephrine" but otherwise Homer's description of the usages, indications, and physiological effects is entirely correct. Because of it's quality as a vasoconstrictor, it is possible that one might experience palpitations as a side effect.

Lidocaine or it's derivitatives which is commonly utilized during the HT proceedure is also used as a cardiac drug to stablize irregular heart rhythyms.

Phil

Yes I had three valium before the procedure was over..and they didn't help much..

My doctor didn't use Lidocaine..Just the epinephrine..and it really made me sick and nauseated.. and almost fainted..i thought the palpitations where gonna kill me.He learned to just do a couple of shots at a time and let my heart race and calm down before continueing.Do most docs use lidocaine as a vasoconstrictor, because of its less side effects?..so I will know for next time..

Lidocaine is used to numb the area not as a vasoconstrictor and was more then likely used.

the epinephrine is what gave you the palpitations and the sick feeling, they are commom side affects.

PCC

sorry about the spelling, usually call it adrenalin here icon_biggrin.gif

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by irish homer:

Lidocaine is used to numb the area not as a vasoconstrictor and was more then likely used.

the epinephrine is what gave you the palpitations and the sick feeling, they are commom side affects.

Thanks for the info Irish..

Is there anything else that can be used to replace epinephrine?..for those who don't tolerate it well? For me it was the worst part of the surgery..something I will never forget. I even got chest pains.

PCC

sorry about the spelling, usually call it adrenalin here icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Lon:

I even got chest pains.

PCC

Sounds like you need to get medical... could be early warning signs of a cardiovascular disorder.