Nobel Clinic, Gatwtic England

Dear All, esp UK readers.

I would just like all concerned or looking for a HT, espeicaly those of us in the UK not to use the Nobel Clinic, just outside Gatwick Airport near London, I have a nasty set of slits and coblestones to back this up, and a thorgouhly doll-like hairline. The main reason, as far as I see it to have a HT rather than say a wig, is so you dont have to worry about going out in the wind, or swiming or whatever. A bad HT makes you worry about all the same things as wig wears must. can my friends see my hairline? How can I stand down wind of them so my hair blows over my grafts, how can I cunningly run my haind through my hair and oull it back into its best position....

You dont want to live through a bad transpant, it has saped my confidence for five years now, and comits you a despaerate attmept to keep your hair, for God sake be carful, and never use anywhare like Nobel who dont let you see their patients and fob you off with 'privacy' and a few photos.

I'm sure you can do better with a little reserch, I'm hope to one day

Nobelvictim

Dear All, esp UK readers.

I would just like all concerned or looking for a HT, espeicaly those of us in the UK not to use the Nobel Clinic, just outside Gatwick Airport near London, I have a nasty set of slits and coblestones to back this up, and a thorgouhly doll-like hairline. The main reason, as far as I see it to have a HT rather than say a wig, is so you dont have to worry about going out in the wind, or swiming or whatever. A bad HT makes you worry about all the same things as wig wears must. can my friends see my hairline? How can I stand down wind of them so my hair blows over my grafts, how can I cunningly run my haind through my hair and oull it back into its best position....

You dont want to live through a bad transpant, it has saped my confidence for five years now, and comits you a despaerate attmept to keep your hair, for God sake be carful, and never use anywhare like Nobel who dont let you see their patients and fob you off with 'privacy' and a few photos.

I'm sure you can do better with a little reserch, I'm hope to one day

Nobelvictim

It is important that we name the doctors who are NOT giving good results. Maybe we can prevent other guys from following in our footsteps.

This is not "being negative".

It is being POSITIVE.

You may have helped someone avoid being damaged by a bad hair transplant in the future, by telling your experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Arfy,

As you say, if some good can come from a pretty depresing situation, it goes some way to making things better.Thanks for your support.

Do you or anyone else have any recomendations, for hair surgons who are good at smoothing out micro / mini grafts? Are there any outside of the USA?

Nobelvictim

I haven't really heard of any doctors in the UK who seemed to be "amazing". But then again, that is not where I have been looking, as I live in the US. I really think it is crucial to pick somebdy great to do your HT, and not just someone who "seems okay".

I think this is especially true when you need repairs. You cannot afford to have some jerk screw it up for a SECOND time. You need a guy who is top-notch, or nothing at all.

I can't comment on UK doctors, but if you are willing to travel, I would suggest investigating Dr. Bernstein in New York or McLellan in LosAngeles (for repairs, mind you) or Dr. Woods in Australia. Look into these doctors, and dig up information.

I hesitate to direct traffic away from a website (it's bad form) but go to hairlosshelp.com and look up "Hair Transplant Survivor" on the front page, for an account of an amazing repair by Dr. Woods. That website also shows a repair job by Dr. McLellan, as well.

Repairs are a real specialty, and even some of the best HT doctors are not suited for it.

Good luck.