Picture Time!

Okay, here comes my first picture post for all you guys!

The before pictures were taken in August, 2002. The surgery (my first ever) was done by Dr. Shapiro on November 8th, 2002. The after pics were taken today (3/4/03), exactly 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days since the procedure.

Remember guys, this isn't even at the 4 month mark yet (well, 4 days to go)!

As you'll no doubt notice, despite the blossoming growth, I DID lose a bit of the original hair from shock loss (in the frontal/central area, where it was still relatively thicker). It's still early days yet, so I'm confident I'll re-grow most of those guys back shortly. I knew that might happen, so I've been feeding my scalp like you wouldn't believe since a month before the surgery.

The right side of my head is where I was thinning the most, particularly my right temple. This is the area that, of the two temples combined, received by far the most grafts. The left side was simply "peppered" with grafts so as to match the right side more, color wise. To look at my left temple, though, you might think that, at the point of it, they're coming-in a little thick. Well, from what I've seen thus far, when each area started sprouting, the hairs came in at that thickness as well, and then (already!) started to blend in. My left temple point is the latest area to start growing (my left hairline corner was the very first area to start growing and look how soft it is now - then came my right temple area, followed by my right corner hairline, which is blending in right now).

I know there's a lot more to come, but here's what I've got so far!

THIS IS FUN!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tell me whatcha think!

[This message was edited by HarryLemon on March 04, 2003 at 06:14 PM.]

BEFORE1.JPG.c2cc91b836ef5363ea3e157efb2d7e2c.JPG

Okay, here comes my first picture post for all you guys!

The before pictures were taken in August, 2002. The surgery (my first ever) was done by Dr. Shapiro on November 8th, 2002. The after pics were taken today (3/4/03), exactly 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days since the procedure.

Remember guys, this isn't even at the 4 month mark yet (well, 4 days to go)!

As you'll no doubt notice, despite the blossoming growth, I DID lose a bit of the original hair from shock loss (in the frontal/central area, where it was still relatively thicker). It's still early days yet, so I'm confident I'll re-grow most of those guys back shortly. I knew that might happen, so I've been feeding my scalp like you wouldn't believe since a month before the surgery.

The right side of my head is where I was thinning the most, particularly my right temple. This is the area that, of the two temples combined, received by far the most grafts. The left side was simply "peppered" with grafts so as to match the right side more, color wise. To look at my left temple, though, you might think that, at the point of it, they're coming-in a little thick. Well, from what I've seen thus far, when each area started sprouting, the hairs came in at that thickness as well, and then (already!) started to blend in. My left temple point is the latest area to start growing (my left hairline corner was the very first area to start growing and look how soft it is now - then came my right temple area, followed by my right corner hairline, which is blending in right now).

I know there's a lot more to come, but here's what I've got so far!

THIS IS FUN!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tell me whatcha think!

[This message was edited by HarryLemon on March 04, 2003 at 06:14 PM.]

i can see a difference harry, but i think it would say more with your hair cut a bit shorter, too many hairs going ary for me to see a difference too much. And u don't have crown or anterior(think thats what its called) so a nice tight cut will in my opinion make u better, even before u had the work, but everything i see up front looks completely natural

Thanks... I've kinda got a landing strip for a forehead, so I'm enjoying the return of "the bushes"! icon_smile.gif

The before photoes aren't the best, and you're right in that they obscure how much hair loss I have had. The blurriness actually makes it look thicker. I enjoy the short cropped look as well, it's just I've been needing to carry that extra length both before and, obviously, after the surgery. I'll probably get the chop at around month 7 or 8.

Thanks for your input. I know alot of you guys must be thinking, WTF?! You didn't need to go and do that! Well, for me I did, but I only went for it after years of holding the course, taking Propecia (3yrs+), and biding my time. At 31, with no real change in loss since I started Propecia, I'm willing to risk the potential for a bit of shock loss in exchange for a proper hairline again, 'cause I'm basically just sick of this big-ass, damn forehead!

HarryLemon:

Looking good. I know how you are feeling!

Looks like you might have battled ingrown hairs. Hope they weren't too troublesome.

I agree with uncjim that the right temple is vastly improved. You also have the V-ish hairline that I will have.

Yeah it sucks that not only we have to deal with hairloss, but then it recedes unpredictably and asymmetrically. Fun. My "hairline" and recession displayed a high degree of asymmetry, which the HT will correct.

With me, they had to place a lot more grafts in the left temple because the surface area was bigger. It was bad enough that I had that crap frontal tuft action going, but also it was not centered on my forehead. Moan, moan, moan.

Anyway, I'm happy to see your enthusiasm. It makes your case compelling.

It is good to feel in control of things again. Like things can only get better. That is so empowering.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.